• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

John Stones

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thing is... Barnsley will take a chunk of any transfer anyway so if we got say £50... they would take around £10, leaving us with £40 anyway. The fact is we have him valued at £50. If they want him they have to pay it. I'm loving us being in a position to not roll over anymore. LOVING IT !!!

Right okay, if this was Lukaku and we wasn't budging fair enough... he is one of our best players.

Stones is not and we would not notice him gone... so to reject 40 million for a player who is currently bang average is just Everton missing cash.

Yes he could be a world beater, but he currently is - and if he has another bad season like 2015... then his value is going to go to plummet. Why take a chance on that happening? We can get a much better defender for 20 million, never mind 32 or whatever we get if we sell for 40.

Right okay, if this was Lukaku and we wasn't budging fair enough... he is one of our best players.

Stones is not and we would not notice him gone... so to reject 40 million for a player who is currently bang average is just Everton missing cash.

Yes he could be a world beater, but he currently is - and if he has another bad season like 2015... then his value is going to go to plummet. Why take a chance on that happening? We can get a much better defender for 20 million, never mind 32 or whatever we get if we sell for 40.

Bang average?

Pwhahahahahahha.

Get in the bin.

Who do we bring in that's better? You've seen our struggles of trying to recruit top player already this window. No need to sell.

No, we can't...why do you think City and Chelsea etc rate him so high?
Few players are potentially world class...Stones is one of them

Bang average?

Pwhahahahahahha. Get in the bin.

"Everton have won just one of 12 Premier League games in which the 21-year-old has played in 2016, drawing five and losing six.

In contrast, without the former Barnsley youngster they have fared better, winning two of three without Stones, and losing twice. With the England defender Everton have also conceded one goal a game more on average this year, shipping 1.58 goals with Stones in the team and just 0.3 without."

I am sorry, but with Mori we get more clean sheets and defend more solid. He was worth £9.5 million.

The only reason Stones is worth "so much" is because he's English. Don't believe the hype about a player who has played useless for Everton throughout the whole of last season. We turn down 40 this year and then he has another stinker? And even if he plays good, he's going to make a lot of mistakes because he's young... why not give City them mistakes.

royalbalou said:
No, we can't...why do you think City and Chelsea etc rate him so high?
Few players are potentially world class...Stones is one of them

Yes but he is still potential. He may be world class in three years. But he's not good enough currently... and why turn down 40 million for a kid who probably will be on the bench (if Koeman has any sense, this will happen... even Martinez gave up with Stones in parts last season).

Why not spend the 32?

LocalNative said:
Who do we bring in that's better? You've seen our struggles of trying to recruit top player already this window. No need to sell.

I don't believe we are struggling at all, I think Everton didn't really start until Walsh began at Everton. Even then, he needed to get his feet under the table. We still have a full month. If we have the cash, it will be spent (if if you believe we have the cash!!!)

In terms of replacements, there are tons of other Premier League players valued less http://www.skysports.com/football/n...mier-leagues-best-defender-so-far-this-season. And lots of foreign players like Mori who are much better than Stones.

Last edited:

"Everton have won just one of 12 Premier League games in which the 21-year-old has played in 2016, drawing five and losing six.

In contrast, without the former Barnsley youngster they have fared better, winning two of three without Stones, and losing twice. With the England defender Everton have also conceded one goal a game more on average this year, shipping 1.58 goals with Stones in the team and just 0.3 without."

I am sorry, but with Mori we get more clean sheets and defend more solid. He was worth £9.5 million.

The only reason Stones is worth "so much" is because he's English. Don't believe the hype about a player who has played useless for Everton throughout the whole of last season. We turn down 40 this year and then he has another stinker? And even if he plays good, he's going to make a lot of mistakes because he's young... why not give City them mistakes.

Yes but he is still potential. He may be world class in three years. But he's not good enough currently... and why turn down 40 million for a kid who probably will be on the bench (if Koeman has any sense, this will happen... even Martinez gave up with Stones in parts last season).

Why not spend the 32?

Mori is a shocking player, if we could get our 9.5m back I would take it.

Mori is a shocking player, if we could get our 9.5m back I would take it.

I am not saying he's amazing. I'm just pointing out a fact... with him and Jags in the team we conceded fewer goals than with Stones.

So if you'd sell Mori for 9.5 (who is clearly playing better than John), why keep Stones?

There are lies damn lies and statistics and trotting out figures isn't going to convince people that stones is bang average. As I previously mentioned Stones is a fantastic footballer and very good defender who with the right coaching could become a world class defender and regarded as one of the players of his generation. I think he should stay and learn off one of the other great defenders from a previous generation but if he goes he will still have been one of the classiest players I have seen at Everton and although we could sign a better defender at this minute we factually won't sign a better footballer

We've put a price on Stones so if City want him they should pay it :-) Media again trying to show usas a "little" and "unimportant" team and should accept what their so called media darling team is offering to us with both hands open :-( If they still offer 40 m tomorrow accept it putting a buy back clause for next season for us for 5 m or less :-)

Stones needs to be told his 3 years left on his contract and if he wants to go he can buy his contract for the 50 m if he likes :-)

Media is only going to jump around about Pep, Jose, Conte and Klopp and fill the paper spaces with them and until we do something major with signings or a statement about the stadium we're wth the bottom half teams like Sunderland etc as Martinez destroyed our "fighting above our weight" reputation :-(

Why not spend the 32?

I don't believe we are struggling at all, I think Everton didn't really start until Walsh began at Everton. Even then, he needed to get his feet under the table. We still have a full month. If we have the cash, it will be spent (if if you believe we have the cash!!!)

In terms of replacements, there are tons of other Premier League players valued less http://www.skysports.com/football/n...mier-leagues-best-defender-so-far-this-season. And lots of foreign players like Mori who are much better than Stones.

Stones wasnt poor all season though?!

I am not saying he's amazing. I'm just pointing out a fact... with him and Jags in the team we conceded fewer goals than with Stones.

So if you'd sell Mori for 9.5 (who is clearly playing better than John), why keep Stones?

Mori better than Stones?!

In which alternate universe?

The reason we have the upswing in City briefing the media, talking tough, Guardiola speaking etc. is because we told them to sod off a week ago. That isn't changing. They can whinge. They can whine. They can pay up or Stones stays.

Personally I'd rather sell him as he doesn't want to stay and I think we would be better with a more physically dominating defender for the pressing style Koeman favours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back