• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

John Stones

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just watching sky news there's 2 jokers on doing the the sports news talking about stones to city and actually saying how can he be worth 50m after his showing in the euros where he played poorly were do they get it from.

"Everton have won just one of 12 Premier League games in which the 21-year-old has played in 2016, drawing five and losing six.

In contrast, without the former Barnsley youngster they have fared better, winning two of three without Stones, and losing twice. With the England defender Everton have also conceded one goal a game more on average this year, shipping 1.58 goals with Stones in the team and just 0.3 without."

I am sorry, but with Mori we get more clean sheets and defend more solid. He was worth £9.5 million.

The only reason Stones is worth "so much" is because he's English. Don't believe the hype about a player who has played useless for Everton throughout the whole of last season. We turn down 40 this year and then he has another stinker? And even if he plays good, he's going to make a lot of mistakes because he's young... why not give City them mistakes.

Yes but he is still potential. He may be world class in three years. But he's not good enough currently... and why turn down 40 million for a kid who probably will be on the bench (if Koeman has any sense, this will happen... even Martinez gave up with Stones in parts last season).

Why not spend the 32?

I don't believe we are struggling at all, I think Everton didn't really start until Walsh began at Everton. Even then, he needed to get his feet under the table. We still have a full month. If we have the cash, it will be spent (if if you believe we have the cash!!!)

In terms of replacements, there are tons of other Premier League players valued less http://www.skysports.com/football/n...mier-leagues-best-defender-so-far-this-season. And lots of foreign players like Mori who are much better than Stones.
I actually agree in part...but Stones is our player (just forget about how good he is or isnt for a sec) He is ours, We have put a price on him, Why should we take less. In the future he will be one of the best defenders in england...I say fleece City for every penny. I would be more comfortable knowing we are showing our resolve on the matter...sick of bending over sales, Especially now we don't have to sell.

had to laugh at sky reporting that city 'told' us to lower our asking price....or what? we're forced to keep an extremely talented young international centre half?
Christ i guess we best bend over and be grateful for what their offering then......no marks
Sky bias.

Everton must sell stones at a price they get told to or else.

Imagine that. Bayern munich tell Leiscter to lower their asking price for Vardy. Otherwise he has to stay and score enough goals to win the league again.

The reason we have the upswing in City briefing the media, talking tough, Guardiola speaking etc. is because we told them to sod off a week ago. That isn't changing. They can whinge. They can whine. They can pay up or Stones stays.

Personally I'd rather sell him as he doesn't want to stay and I think we would be better with a more physically dominating defender for the pressing style Koeman favours.
Agreed. Look how the Lescot deal soured him towards us. But....and its a beyoncee sized BUTT...we take not a penny less than his value to us. £50 million !! Pay it or shut up.

had to laugh at sky reporting that city 'told' us to lower our asking price....or what? we're forced to keep an extremely talented young international centre half?
Christ i guess we best bend over and be grateful for what their offering then......no marks

They want City to get up there in the top four, not us.

This is a marvellous new strategy in negotiation.
Citeh want Stones. Everton don't want to sell.
Now, here comes the clever part. Citeh offer less than Everton have asked for, so Everton MUST lower their price so Citeh can have the player at the price THEY want.
Jeez, I gotta try this one on in Jaguar salesroom tomorrow.

This is a marvellous new strategy in negotiation.
Citeh want Stones. Everton don't want to sell.
Now, here comes the clever part. Citeh offer less than Everton have asked for, so Everton MUST lower their price so Citeh can have the player at the price THEY want.
Jeez, I gotta try this one on in Jaguar salesroom tomorrow.
What makes this even better is that it's City and they have basically unlimited money, so they must be taking the piss if they think ANYONE will lower ANY price for them lol

It really erks me, City seem to think we are one of the big boys so we can have him at our price. Continue to play hard ball Everton.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back