• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

John Stones

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a tough situation.

On one hand, he's a wonderful player and has the potential to be one of the best in the world. He could be the homegrown lynchpin of a defence for next 10 years, the initial dictator of how to use the ball from the back of the pitch. We've named a high price and if City want him they should pay his value.

On the other, we're obviously going to end up with an unhappy player and it didn't work out too well last season. He clearly wants to go and another average season from him and we could be looking back thinking we missed an opportunity for big money there.

Personally I'd tell them the price, give them a deadline if they don't think he's worth that then inform him he won't be going anywhere. Sorry lad.

It's a tough situation.

On one hand, he's a wonderful player and has the potential to be one of the best in the world. He could be the homegrown lynchpin of a defence for next 10 years, the initial dictator of how to use the ball from the back of the pitch. We've named a high price and if City want him they should pay his value.

On the other, we're obviously going to end up with an unhappy player and it didn't work out too well last season. He clearly wants to go and another average season from him and we could be looking back thinking we missed an opportunity for big money there.

Personally I'd tell them the price, give them a deadline if they don't think he's worth that then inform him he won't be going anywhere. Sorry lad.
I assume that's what we've done, hence the media circus arounf City not being prepared to meet our price.
If he doesn't leave then he will only earn a lot t less as will his agent unless he does the business on the pitch for us

I assume that's what we've done, hence the media circus arounf City not being prepared to meet our price.
If he doesn't leave then he will only earn a lot t less as will his agent unless he does the business on the pitch for us
I'd be looking to set the deadline a bit before we kick off the new season though. No messing about, we want him to stay. Pay up or go elsewhere.

This is a marvellous new strategy in negotiation.
Citeh want Stones. Everton don't want to sell.
Now, here comes the clever part. Citeh offer less than Everton have asked for, so Everton MUST lower their price so Citeh can have the player at the price THEY want.
Jeez, I gotta try this one on in Jaguar salesroom tomorrow.
Or just say we won't pay a penny more than £5m for Aguero.

Either way you look at it, Pep announcing they are after him then setting the max bid way below way we are asking is bad form. They will cave in though if they want him that bad

I think there is something a bit odd about this. Pep actually name checks Stones on the day City say they won't go above a bid which is ten million away from our valuation. The richest club in the world. Are they really trying to play hardball with Koeman and Moshiti? There's only going to be one winner there. Actually though I suspect this is all s little feint. Who is really sweating at the moment? John obv, and Barnsley. That money is beyond their wildest dreams, and I reckon City and Everton are trying to get them to climb down on fifteen percent under the threat the deal may not happen if they don't

I think there is something a bit odd about this. Pep actually name checks Stones on the day City say they won't go above a bid which is ten million away from our valuation. The richest club in the world. Are they really trying to play hardball with Koeman and Moshiti? There's only going to be one winner there. Actually though I suspect this is all s little feint. Who is really sweating at the moment? John obv, and Barnsley. That money is beyond their wildest dreams, and I reckon City and Everton are trying to get them to climb down on fifteen percent under the threat the deal may not happen if they don't
Barnsley deserve their cut.

Sterling = 50M. If you are looking for a similar player, David Ruiz was 50M. The price is fair.
Absolutely.
Similar scenario as with Rom. Everton have placed a price on each of their prize assets. This price is based on, not what the price of the player is expected to fetch, nor on what the cost would be to replace them.The figure quoted is the VALUE of the player to Everton Football Club. You know, the club they are actually contracted to play for.
The simple solution is this. If these clubs want these players, THEN THEY HAVE TO PAY THE MONEY THAT HAS BEEN REQUESTED. It is NOT open for negotiation for ANY figure less than the stated one. Even then, Everton retain the right to refuse.
So, meet the sum in question, then negotiations can begin.
A question. Can Everton put a deadline on when offers must be received by? Is it not possible to say that if a bid isn't received by, say, August 7th that any future bids will not be considered?

A question. Can Everton put a deadline on when offers must be received by? Is it not possible to say that if a bid isn't received by, say, August 7th that any future bids will not be considered?

To be honest I doubt it but the deadline really should be by the start of the season, even if it isnt like a legally binding deadline City will want it sorted by then, as should we really.

Either way you look at it, Pep announcing they are after him then setting the max bid way below way we are asking is bad form. They will cave in though if they want him that bad

Could almost call this Tapping Up?

Chelsea are crying to FIFA about Atletico going all guns for Costa & I can't really see much difference myself

Only sell JS if we have a replacement already in, as good or better than him. Regardless we need another CB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back