• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

John Stones

Status
Not open for further replies.
We need to hurry up and sell him before City realise how crap he is.

Dymak

I'm of the opinion you don't know anything about football apart from clichés you might hear down the pub, sprinkled with a focus on the worst case scenario. No offense, just my opinion

Some posters never seem to be able to communicate why they hell they bother with this great sport

Where is the love?

Dymak

I'm of the opinion you don't know anything about football apart from clichés you might hear down the pub, sprinkled with a focus on the worst case scenario. No offense, just my opinion

Some posters never seem to be able to communicate why they hell they bother with this great sport

Where is the love?

That's fine mate, people were saying that to me whilst they were calling Martinez the saviour of Everton Football Club, and when people were having mental breakdowns when I suggested that McCarthy was a very limited midfielder that was worth a maximum of 20million pound.

Call me old fashioned but I think defenders should actually be able to defend, which is why I am more than happy to see John Stones make his five mistakes per game at another club, especially when they are offering us over 40 million for him. I want us to move on and bring in someone who knows how to defend and can actually win a header.

That's fine mate, people were saying that to me whilst they were calling Martinez the saviour of Everton Football Club, and when people were having mental breakdowns when I suggested that McCarthy was a very limited midfielder that was worth a maximum of 20million pound.

Call me old fashioned but I think defenders should actually be able to defend, which is why I am more than happy to see John Stones make his five mistakes per game at another club, especially when they are offering us over 40 million for him. I want us to move on and bring in someone who knows how to defend and can actually win a header.
Heading the ball wasn't part of the previous manager's philosophy

Well when we all are supporting a club which has been relatively unsuccessful and broke for 20 years it's not too hard get a few things right when pretty much all your posts are negative and pointing what wont work.

You are old fashioned. You are also too quick to write off young players if this is your attitude to a young player having some bad games in a team that's been poor for 2 seasons.

How is it people slating him just say he had a crap season, or he can't defend. No context, no allowance for anything positive. There's lots of context for his poor games if you want to allow those possibilities, and there were also plenty of games where he played very well.

5 mistakes per game. No.

I personally love football. Gives me great joy. Can't wait for the season to start whatever the happenings over the next couple of weeks.

Barnsley deserve their cut.

Indeed.

I would not think much of EFC trying to renege on the sell on money to Barnsley.

I could half see the point last year when we still hadn't an arse in our trousers and trying to re-negotiate in order to save a million or two.

But now?

We paid big compensation to Saints and Foxes for their coach and DOF respectively.

We forked out £13 million for Niasse.

The least we can do is play fair by Barnsley, which at least does not require the club put its hand in its pocket as such, just pay a percentage of the profit.

That said, I do not believe for one second that the club are holding out on a possible Stones transfer purely to hardball Barnsley into accepting less than they are entitled to under the deal which fetched Stones here.

We need to hurry up and sell him before City realise how crap he is.

lol

That's a bit harsh, Dymak :whip:

But I will say this.

None of the City fans I know are particularly bothered whether he signs for them or not.

No Chelsea fans of my acquaintance were overly disappointed when they didn't land him this time last year :blush:

Indeed.

I would not think much of EFC trying to renege on the sell on money to Barnsley.

I could half see the point last year when we still hadn't an arse in our trousers and trying to re-negotiate in order to save a million or two.

But now?

We paid big compensation to Saints and Foxes for their coach and DOF respectively.

We forked out £13 million for Niasse.

The least we can do is play fair by Barnsley, which at least does not require the club put its hand in its pocket as such, just pay a percentage of the profit.

That said, I do not believe for one second that the club are holding out on a possible Stones transfer purely to hardball Barnsley into accepting less than they are entitled to under the deal which fetched Stones here.

We're too nice sometimes.

Hope Barnsley get sod all. And are liquidated because of it.

I am of the opinion that if he has the chance of being the best 'defender' in Europe, then Koeman will have assessed him thoroughly and decided to keep at all costs.

If he is the best 'ball playing' defender, then I would imagine that our long term aim is to build a fully functional 'team' where everyone knows their role and is comfortable in it. The complete opposite of Martinez who bought elaborate individuals and wanted them to express themselves and disregard team setup.

More sides are successful due to organisation and working for each other than due to individual talent and ego currently.

Last season's transfer request should have triggered a search for a new defender, and as soon as the window opened Stones should have been sold and a replacement bought. Might not have maximised the transfer fee, but as it is he'll either go and there'll be no time or available players to replace him, or he'll stay and sulk for another 12 months. The Premiership is the most attractive league in the world. Moshiri is supposed to have brought the finance so surely you use the finance to replace the unsettled player?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back