• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

John Stones

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, since we said no way jose to Chelsea's bid of £38M for him last season, City bid £2M more and think we will accept?

I never said Mori is better than Stones... I just said a fact. With Mori in the team we concede less. There's nothing to argue about because it's fact. And if people are willing to sell Mori for 9.5, then why you are arguing that Stones is worth 50 million is very confusing.

I will leave this video on.

PS if any of you booed Stones for his fantastic defending last term, he isn't going to change into another player overnight. With or without the mistakes, he will always play from the back and take risks... make mistakes and ultimately concede goals. He will never be a Row Z player unfortunately.

[QUOTE=".

Yes but he is still potential. He may be world class in three years. But he's not good enough currently... and why turn down 40 million for a kid who probably will be on the bench (if Koeman has any sense, this will happen... even Martinez gave up with Stones in parts last season).

Why not spend the 32?

.[/QUOTE]

The thing is - we are not now scraping around for money like we have been for years so we can afford to 'take a chance' on him becoming world class.
If he doesn't he's still going to be a quality defender and we'll definitely make a profit...however, if he does live up to his potential we would have a player worth a hell of a lot more than 32 mil..

I like the way that everything that went wrong last season was now Stones fault, nothing to do with the other 10 players and the clown of a manager. Stones had some very good spells last season, and of course like everyone else he had a spell out of form. The difference being he was a kid who had less experience than the rest of the team, so he should be given more leeway. Stones and Browning are the same age, Browning is meant to be one for the future yet if he done those things he wouldn't get half the stick, yet Stones somehow has to be foot perfect at this age. No doubt we will drop our price and get rid so we have some money to buy, but keeping him would be a big statement.

I never said Mori is better than Stones... I just said a fact. With Mori in the team we concede less. There's nothing to argue about because it's fact. And if people are willing to sell Mori for 9.5, then why you are arguing that Stones is worth 50 million is very confusing.

PS if any of you booed Stones for his fantastic defending last term, he isn't going to change into another player overnight. With or without the mistakes, he will always play from the back and take risks... make mistakes and ultimately concede goals. He will never be a Row Z player unfortunately.

That seems about your level alright. Paul Merson

Mori has played 1 season for Everton and in that season we conceded more goals than in any of the previous 10 seasons. This is a fact. Says nothing about his ability in comparison to any other Everton player past or present though.

In my opinion Stones is a far superior player, but needs to have the right player alongside him. Ferdinand would not have been the same player without Vidic and Terry alongside him for club and country. Mori is no different, both players were noticeably more solid alongside Jagielka.

Mori has played 1 season for Everton and in that season we conceded more goals than in any of the previous 10 seasons. This is a fact. Says nothing about his ability in comparison to any other Everton player past or present though.

In my opinion Stones is a far superior player, but needs to have the right player alongside him. Ferdinand would not have been the same player without Vidic and Terry alongside him for club and country. Mori is no different, both players were noticeably more solid alongside Jagielka.

Thought Stones played his best footy for us alongside Distin personally, who is a completely different type of defender to jagielka

Know the point your trying to make ofc, but yeah My opinion and all that

We shouldn't enter into any negotiations with them other than to name our price, once and once only. Every contact from City other than an offer of the asking price should be stone walled, and once the season starts he is no longer for sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back