• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

John Stones

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's been desperate to leave for 18 months, and let's be honest, who could blame him? Even if he had been tempted to stay, what's the club done this summer to convince him? Sign Gueye? Gee, that's really going to make him think twice. No, I believe the club wanted him gone just as much, as there isn't actually that much money there and it's a chance to re-build the squad with 2 or 3 decent players. Shame, but probably as close to the truth than most of the other stories we've been fed be so-called ITKs.

I would guess if its a part exchange deal, the total value will be undisclosed.

Need to get this done asap, gone on long enough.

Really interested to see if this ends up being £50m or £30m and Bony, I hope it's the latter. Then spend the rest of Williams and Kone.

Bony, Williams, Kone is much better for us in the here and now than having Stones who didn't want to be here anyway. He'll become a top player, but we couldn't afford to hang round.

Think it will be cash for Stones then we buy Bony. Allows us to spend more on wage increases then.

I'm not saying its great that he is going but looking at the last season or so at this moment in time he is not what we need.
We will be getting big money for a player who still has a lot of developing to do and learn alot defsively.
We were all saying we need a big brute at the back not someone who struggles in the air and it seems that is what we will be replacing him with.
Stones is obviously going to turn out into a fantastic centre back and unfortunatly it wont be with us, but he is not what is needed in a leaky and un protected defence at the moment.
In a year or two time we will be waxing lyrical about a new kid on the block anyway, possibly Holgate or Galloway

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back