• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

John Stones

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good move, quality player who has the potential to be world class, but not what we need right now. We need a solid defense with players who want to fight for the club, not players that are desperate to move on. I am also delighted that this move has gone through now, much better than disrupting the team by letting it stretch out. Get Williams in and spend the rest on getting some quality in midfield.

This is where we are a bit meh, once this was out there, the club should have been releasing a statement ASAP, to confirm, or have a pop at City.

I agree on this.

But the actual fact of the matter is we don't usually conduct our business in this way and only ever announce things when they are done.

It's frustrating but that's how it's done, ultimately.

Good luck to him , if he has gone needs to learn a bit about defending but is still Young and could go on to great things.
No problem with him going and wish him well, he has gone backwards last year under the div we had managing us and needs to get back on track for the sake of his career.
We don't look good at the back with him in there so its a good move for everyone

Should really have gottten his replacements in beforehand, clubs are already overcharging because of the tv money, only going to get worse knowing we have an additional 50 mill to spend

Wouldn't be convinced if the media consensus is true...

Lets say £40M+ a Man City cast off.

15% to Barnsley.

We then bring in Williams for £12m and Kone for £18m - £30m? Not factoring in extra wages.

The issue here isn't Stones leaving as such, that's an isolated issue. It's the profile of the transfer, surrounded by our lack of intent elsewhere that is damaging to our profile. I suspect a big part as to why the likes of your Witsels, Carvalhos and Koulibaly aren't queuing up to sign for a team that is perceived to lack any ambition, or intent.

Anyway - lets hope Koeman can do what he did at Southampton, rather than Valencia, Benfica etc - and gradually turn us into a 'magnificent top 7' team.

If a cup final was tomorrow, I'd sooner have Williams in ahead of Stones - but it's short term. I've always said I expect Koeman to be short term, by his own admission he's only here for a couple of seasons if all goes to plan.

None of this 'wishing him all the best' rubbish either.

The lad has pushed for a move away from the team we all love despite producing some woeful performances. Not only that he asked to be substituted with a 'dodgy stomach' when 4-0 down at Anfield, hardly a warrior spirit you expect from a top CB.

This a hundred times over.

(although it is a bit harsh criticising for going off at Anfield......when you need to go, you need to go :blush:)

I couldn't care less about how he does in the future.

If he never wins a trophy at City.....if he never plays for England again.....if he ends up at Sunlun or the Barodes......I just don't care.

My interest in Stones's career ends the day he leaves Goodison.

I wish him neither good nor ill......I just want this year long saga brought to a close, as I would hope is the case for everyone as this constant speculation is just ballbreaking for us.

Personally, I just cannot see what makes John Stones a fifty million quid player......much the same way I was baffled at the fee the RS received for Sterling last summer.

And certainly he did nowt in the season just passed to suggest he is worth more money now than he was then.

And IMO he is just as likely to become the new Jonathon Woodgate as he is the new Rio Ferdinand.

This time last year I was both seething at Chelsea and worried about EFC at the thoughts of him leaving.

Now I just want this saga to end :pint2:

will be interesting to see what the transfer fee is, some are saying £42 mill plus addons, that plus the sell on to barnsley for me that means we have had our pants pulled down by city

think it will end up being the value of £50mil in the end mate. it'll be a record for a defender, anyway.

Whilst I don't blame Everton for this shambles (at least not directly - for Stones to have been listed obviously shows the deal is going ahead; and if so, then Everton should have arranged the announcement to take place ahead of City submitting their squad list to UEFA), there's no way we should accept that "City are trying to keep a sense of humour" about it. Instead, we should issue a statement pointing out what a bunch of unprofessional and disorganised quilts they are.

This a hundred times over.

(although it is a bit harsh criticising for going off at Anfield......when you need to go, you need to go :blush:)

I couldn't care less about how he does in the future.

If he never wins a trophy at City.....if he never plays for England again.....if he ends up at Sunlun or the Barodes......I just don't care.

My interest in Stones's career ends the day he leaves Goodison.

I wish him neither good nor ill......I just want this year long saga brought to a close, as I would hope is the case for everyone as this constant speculation is just ballbreaking for us.

Personally, I just cannot see what makes John Stones a fifty million quid player......much the same way I was baffled at the fee the RS received for Sterling last summer.

And certainly he did nowt in the season just passed to suggest he is worth more money now than he was then.

And IMO he is just as likely to become the new Jonathon Woodgate as he is the new Rio Ferdinand.

This time last year I was both seething at Chelsea and worried about EFC at the thoughts of him leaving.

Now I just want this saga to end :pint2:

Congrats, a sensible post amongst a sea of fume

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back