• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

John Stones

Status
Not open for further replies.
This a hundred times over.

(although it is a bit harsh criticising for going off at Anfield......when you need to go, you need to go :blush:)

I couldn't care less about how he does in the future.

If he never wins a trophy at City.....if he never plays for England again.....if he ends up at Sunlun or the Barodes......I just don't care.

My interest in Stones's career ends the day he leaves Goodison.

I wish him neither good nor ill......I just want this year long saga brought to a close, as I would hope is the case for everyone as this constant speculation is just ballbreaking for us.

Personally, I just cannot see what makes John Stones a fifty million quid player......much the same way I was baffled at the fee the RS received for Sterling last summer.

And certainly he did nowt in the season just passed to suggest he is worth more money now than he was then.

And IMO he is just as likely to become the new Jonathon Woodgate as he is the new Rio Ferdinand.

This time last year I was both seething at Chelsea and worried about EFC at the thoughts of him leaving.

Now I just want this saga to end :pint2:

Abso-sodding-lutely !!!!!

Should really have gottten his replacements in beforehand, clubs are already overcharging because of the tv money, only going to get worse knowing we have an additional 50 mill to spend

We have been trying.

We quite clearly had expected to have Williams in last week. Kone being in Liverpool suggests that we may even be very close to making an announcement.

I wouldn't bet against us wanting to have announced a signing first, and that's why we hadn't announced Stones' sale

Why are you hurt by a club when city are the ones naming players?, they haven't officially announced him yet have they?

As i say mate I'm not hurting but this deal is surely inevitable, i'll be amazed if he's still an Everton player when the window closes.

Wouldn't be convinced if the media consensus is true...

Lets say £40M+ a Man City cast off.

15% to Barnsley.

We then bring in Williams for £12m and Kone for £18m - £30m? Not factoring in extra wages.

The issue here isn't Stones leaving as such, that's an isolated issue. It's the profile of the transfer, surrounded by our lack of intent elsewhere that is damaging to our profile. I suspect a big part as to why the likes of your Witsels, Carvalhos and Koulibaly aren't queuing up to sign for a team that is perceived to lack any ambition, or intent.

Anyway - lets hope Koeman can do what he did at Southampton, rather than Valencia, Benfica etc - and gradually turn us into a 'magnificent top 7' team.

If a cup final was tomorrow, I'd sooner have Williams in ahead of Stones - but it's short term. I've always said I expect Koeman to be short term, by his own admission he's only here for a couple of seasons if all goes to plan.

Agreed totally.

Everything this summer points to Moshiri not being the owner we thought/hoped he'd be. Let's face it, when Stones is gone, we'll end up with a net spend which will be basically the TV money.

Nothing has changed. I'd love to be proved wrong, but at this point it seems very unlikely.

What do you mean by "allowed"?! Isn't it city who've done that by trying to bully us into accepting a lower bid?

I'd hope Everton's board wouldn't be allowed to be bullied mate - prior Moshiri, look at how we dealt with Chelsea last summer.

The transfer has been inevitable for a long time - selling a key player, and then scrambling around looking to replace him a few days before the season starts isn't ideal is it? Couldn't we have said we value him at £xx, and we'll only accept this by this date?

I suspect most fans aren't surprised or angered by the sale itself, more the timing and management of it.

As of 10 this morning, Stones has not signed for City, yet they included him in the list sent to Uefa on Monday. City now saying they are 'embarrassed' I'll bet they are.

Sounds like the UEFA Champions League Play-off deadline caused City to rush the deal through. As of 10 am his name is not on the contract according to SSN but it looks like just a formality now. Usual deadline day shenanigans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back