• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

John Stones

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yep. Didnt catch all the match, but even though it nearly ended in disaster, that mazy dribble though West Hams midfield was epic!

His tackling was a thing of beauty on a number of occasions. Something that gets over looked because of his grace and guile with the ball at his feet I think, but it's a sight to behold how easily he can disposses an opponent so cleanly.

His tackling was a thing of beauty on a number of occasions. Something that gets over looked because of his grace and guile with the ball at his feet I think, but it's a sight to behold how easily he can disposses an opponent so cleanly.

Didnt he do, what is becoming a bit of a trademark, another sexy turn deep in the box? Seemed like he took at least 2 WHU players totally out of the game.

My one worry with him is I sometimes think he tries too much, to be too cool, to be too clever.
Most arent as good as him and sometimes he is on the verge of leaving his colleagues in utter danger on our own six yard box.
Maybe I am nit picking .

He was good today,nice and solid,a couple of "Bobby Moore"like challenges at the great mans own ground too,looks to be building a decent understanding to with Mori(so glad we brought this fella in,in the light of Jagielka's absence)

Probably the most accomplished, consistent defender of his age in Europe. Dealt with Carroll superbly today; he's 'officially' 6'2 but to me seems a fair bit taller. Anybody know if this is accurate?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back