• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

John Stones

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...seventh-goal-seven-games-against-Hammers.html
When you leave a football match waxing-lyrical about a centre back, it tells you all you need to know. It's firework season; unfortunately this wasn't match didn't quite catch alight. Manuel Lanzini did his best to light up the sky with a brilliant opener before Romelu Lukaku fired Everton level. But the real sparkle was provided from John Stones. The Everton defender manoeuvred his way throughout the clash doing his best Rolls Royce impression, shackling Andy Carroll with consummate control. With international week ahead of us, Roy Hodgson will lap up the video.

It was an interesting challenge for Stones, he had to lead what was an inexperienced back-four - that was what I was most impressed with,' said Roberto Martinez. 'He set the tone for us, he was immense.'

Not even opposing manager Slaven Bilic could deny Stones his moment on Saturday. 'I like Stones. Today he was very good against Carroll,' admitted the Hammers boss. I remember watching him against Newcastle about two years ago - he was magnificent that day, so it's no surprise. So calm, always composed on the ball. Very good.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...seventh-goal-seven-games-against-Hammers.html
When you leave a football match waxing-lyrical about a centre back, it tells you all you need to know. It's firework season; unfortunately this wasn't match didn't quite catch alight. Manuel Lanzini did his best to light up the sky with a brilliant opener before Romelu Lukaku fired Everton level. But the real sparkle was provided from John Stones. The Everton defender manoeuvred his way throughout the clash doing his best Rolls Royce impression, shackling Andy Carroll with consummate control. With international week ahead of us, Roy Hodgson will lap up the video.

It was an interesting challenge for Stones, he had to lead what was an inexperienced back-four - that was what I was most impressed with,' said Roberto Martinez. 'He set the tone for us, he was immense.'

Not even opposing manager Slaven Bilic could deny Stones his moment on Saturday. 'I like Stones. Today he was very good against Carroll,' admitted the Hammers boss. I remember watching him against Newcastle about two years ago - he was magnificent that day, so it's no surprise. So calm, always composed on the ball. Very good.'
Thought Funes shackled Carrol just as well as Stones today....but great to see him getting back to his best.

Pique (Of all people) is the latest to give John some praise. Said it throughout the Summer, and ill say it again, the lad will be at Barca within the next two years, i really do believe that.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...e-Barcelona-would-not-win-Premier-League.html

There is another English player who has caught Pique’s eye, though, and one he thinks offers England hope: John Stones. “Rio Ferdinand and John Terry were the two main central defenders in England. Top-level,” he says. “Now I think John Stones is a really, really, good player. He will have a good career. He’s like Rio, a bit."

Definitely fits the Barça profile for a CB, I've remarked on this before as well...the club would never pay anywhere near the fee say Chelsea were refused, however

Some mentioned that Holgate does this...maybe its just a "Barnsley" thing?

My one worry with him is I sometimes think he tries too much, to be too cool, to be too clever.
Most arent as good as him and sometimes he is on the verge of leaving his colleagues in utter danger on our own six yard box.
Maybe I am nit picking .

How long does he have left on his contract is it 3 years now?

I wonder what we would need to offer to get him to sign a 5 year++ agreement?

Captaincy?
£100k+ a week
Buy a couple of top players
Champions leage qualification

Now hes seen chelsea imploding (couldnt have turned out better for us!) I think we can keep him as long as he is enjoying himself, feels valued and sees we are aiming high

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back