• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

John Stones

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stones' standard of play so early in his career has caused us to call his performance yesterday a bad game.

Just shows how class he is that we don't allow him to make any mistakes whatsoever.

What a beast

Has he smiled yet this season?
Not that it matters like, he's boss.
Just doesn't seem happy. Think he'll be off the in the summer so just enjoying the time we have left with him.

Just doesn't seem happy. Think he'll be off the in the summer so just enjoying the time we have left with him.

stream_img.jpg

He went mental when we scored the third against Chelsea

Looks a bit off in the past few games though, could be to do with his slightly poorer form since Jags has been injured. He's definitely had more pressure on him without an older more experienced CB next to him.

Would never knock the lad as I think he's our best player hands down. But I remember him absolutely dominating in the air when he first burst into the scene. Seems to be a problem for us now though. Perhaps Jagielka/Funes Mori have been told to attack the ball and Stones is playing sweeper whereas with Distin Stones was the one winning the first headers? Whatever it is we seem to be poor on crosses which is strange as I've seen Mori and Stones both be outstanding in the air. I'll just blame Howard.

That's not my memory of him. I remember in one of his first games at centre back we were playing against the RS. A high ball came in that he got caught under, letting Suarez in. Think this was partially down to his hesitance and maybe lack of strength. You would think it's an area that could be easily worked on so not to worry.

That's not my memory of him. I remember in one of his first games at centre back we were playing against the RS. A high ball came in that he got caught under, letting Suarez in. Think this was partially down to his hesitance and maybe lack of strength. You would think it's an area that could be easily worked on so not to worry.

Yeh I agree, he's never been dominant in the air when under pressure. But he's 21, and at the moment, is basically the leader of our defence.

He went mental when we scored the third against Chelsea

Looks a bit off in the past few games though, could be to do with his slightly poorer form since Jags has been injured. He's definitely had more pressure on him without an older more experienced CB next to him.

Should have looked first really shouldnt I...

I do agree with @TheOldLady though, he does seem a little off. Example, the tackle when he got booked on Sunday, after it had happened the referee waved play on but he should walked back as Sunderland broke.

Certainly still love him, I just miss the interviews of him buzzing about playing for us etc.

Meh, what does it matter.

As you were lads.

Should have looked first really shouldnt I...

I do agree with @TheOldLady though, he does seem a little off. Example, the tackle when he got booked on Sunday, after it had happened the referee waved play on but he should walked back as Sunderland broke.

Certainly still love him, I just miss the interviews of him buzzing about playing for us etc.

Meh, what does it matter.

As you were lads.

You're spot on

His body language isn't right, if you look at his eyes when others are talking to him during the game he seems to be looking past them like he doesn't care

Not great

His lack of ability playing the ball from the back is going to be a problem against teams who press so bar the relegation candidates you're going to struggle lad < kopite mate of mine has just said this to me, tempted to grab a bread knife and do a jihadi john on him

His lack of ability playing the ball from the back is going to be a problem against teams who press so bar the relegation candidates you're going to struggle lad < kopite mate of mine has just said this to me, tempted to grab a bread knife and do a jihadi john on him

jesus, i was reading that as your opinion to start with i was going to mark it down as one of the worst posts ever ha.

quite simply put, liverpool fans are the least knowledgable fans in the world. There's not much point in listening to their opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back