• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

John Stones

Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking to a rival fan about this Pique thing (often they give a less blue-tinted view on matters), and he reckons its clear tapping up, Fabregas style, and that he will go in the summer, but he reckons we will get less than the £37mil offered by Chelsea due to the fact it's a non-Premier League club. Thoughts?

All hypothetical of course I hope he stays for ever and ever!

He's gonna go eventually, so I'd much rather he went to Barca. Plus there's a tiny part of me that's dead excited to see what happens when we lose one of our boss young players but have the money from their sale to spend. It'll probably end up like Spurs when they sold Bale but it'd at least make for an interesting transfer window. Hopefully it doesn't happen for another 2 or 3 years though.

Well if a rival fan said it. Brace yourselves for a 35p bid from barca.

We might actually have to pay his flight over

Well, he does raise a good point. Supply and Demand, I'd be less willing to supply to a direct competitor at the same price. Therefore, it'd make sense to sell 1 John Stones to Chelsea I would require a higher bid than to any foreign club.

Speaking to a rival fan about this Pique thing (often they give a less blue-tinted view on matters), and he reckons its clear tapping up, Fabregas style, and that he will go in the summer, but he reckons we will get less than the £37mil offered by Chelsea due to the fact it's a non-Premier League club. Thoughts?

All hypothetical of course I hope he stays for ever and ever!
Why would we allow one of the richest clubs in the world to pay below market value?

Why would we allow one of the richest clubs in the world to pay below market value?
Perhaps in a deal to rip up Deulofeu's buyback contract plus an agreement to loan/buy others of their academy group that aren't getting first team experience at below market fees?

I don't want to lose Stones but unless we get CL then we'll find it hard to hold on to him. If that is the case I'd prefer we sold to someone not in the premier league and we already have a fledgling relationship with Barcelona.

Its been a long time since I could sit and look at our squad, and see genuine world class potential, and top drawer players.

Enjoy it while we can.

Perhaps in a deal to rip up Deulofeu's buyback contract plus an agreement to loan/buy others of their academy group that aren't getting first team experience at below market fees?

I don't want to lose Stones but unless we get CL then we'll find it hard to hold on to him. If that is the case I'd prefer we sold to someone not in the premier league and we already have a fledgling relationship with Barcelona.

We'd get £40mil from Barca easily. All the cynics over the summer (not our fans, others and pundits) claiming he wasn't worth what we said he was are being proved wrong.

He's easily worth £40mil right now, and by the end of the season potentially even more. Yes he has a mistake in him, of course, but it's still incredible to think he's only 21. He's potentially got 9 years until he reaches his potential.

We'd get £40mil from Barca easily. All the cynics over the summer (not our fans, others and pundits) claiming he wasn't worth what we said he was are being proved wrong.

He's easily worth £40mil right now, and by the end of the season potentially even more. Yes he has a mistake in him, of course, but it's still incredible to think he's only 21. He's potentially got 9 years until he reaches his potential.

He'd be there starting centre back for 10+yrs. They'd pay £40m+ for him definitely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back