• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

John Stones

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like you've got some sort of inside track

Pipe down you trumpet

Not very complicated, check their transfer history. Alves was the most expensive at £30 million and he was not only the premier defender at the time but a fullback which is a decidedly more valuable asset to a club like Barcelona than a central defender. Otherwise, Barcelona have never come close to those prices again for a defender, nevermind a CB. They came close with Thiago Silva but his wage demands were unreasonable but it makes the probability of a bid that high for Stones a virtual impossibility

He's far more likely to end up at another English club were he to leave Everton

Barcelona as a team suit Stones perfectly but Barcelona as a club? Who knows, the language barrier and the exposure Brits get in Spain would be quite overwhelming I feel. I know he's the worlds most expensive player but look at just how much pressure and expectation Bale gets every week even if he's playing brilliantly.

Bayern would be better IMO for the language, the culture & the manager. Much rather learn under Pep than Luis Enrique.

Not very complicated, check their transfer history. Alves was the most expensive at £30 million and he was not only the premier defender at the time but a fullback which is a decidedly more valuable asset to a club like Barcelona than a central defender. Otherwise, Barcelona have never come close to those prices again for a defender, nevermind a CB. They came close with Thiago Silva but his wage demands were unreasonable but it makes the probability of a bid that high for Stones a virtual impossibility

They paid that for Alves 7 years ago, at that time the fee was viewed as extortionate, but in todays market it wouldn't raise an eyebrow.

Barca buy who they want and pay the price they have to pay. There's no way you can pontificate about whether they would or wouldn't stump up the going rate for a CB of Stones calibre, as you simply don't know.

You posted reams of absolute jarg about Deulofeu, which came back and smashed you in the grid, and proved you're a know nothing when it comes to mindset of Barca, so don't start repeating the same level of BS over Stones ffs.

They paid that for Alves 7 years ago, at that time the fee was viewed as extortionate, but in todays market it wouldn't raise an eyebrow.

Barca buy who they want and pay the price they have to pay. There's no way you can pontificate about whether they would or wouldn't stump up the going rate for a CB of Stones calibre, as you simply don't know.

You posted reams of absolute jarg about Deulofeu, which came back and smashed you in the grid, and proved you're a know nothing when it comes to mindset of Barca, so don't start repeating the same level of BS over Stones ffs.

One, there was a massive change in the makeup of the club & players at the time. Alves wasn't just a defender but the premier defender and attacker at the time, single handedly he was a monster at Sevilla. Stones is many things but he's nowhere near what Alves was at that time. I'd say no one has ever been that dangerous for a fullback, certainly not since.

Barcelona never pay that much for a central defender, full stop. You can spin it anyway you like but they simply do not and have never.

My posts on Deulo stand, I have zero reservations on that

good post, mate

lets be honest - he will be on all of Europes radar after Chelsea blabbed to every media outlet and used every Chelsea employee possible to talk up John Stones as a top player who will do well at Chelsea. Barca will be well aware of Mourinho and his ability to pick top defenders.

Pique will watch most games as they all do and no doubt had a close look at this kid who made all the hype, his performance against Costa vs Chelsea showed what a talent he is.

Ur missing a massive point full backs are in plentiful supply far less centre backs around

One, there was a massive change in the makeup of the club & players at the time. Alves wasn't just a defender but the premier defender and attacker at the time, single handedly he was a monster at Sevilla. Stones is many things but he's nowhere near what Alves was at that time. I'd say no one has ever been that dangerous for a fullback, certainly not since.

Barcelona never pay that much for a central defender, full stop. You can spin it anyway you like but they simply do not and have never.

My posts on Deulo stand, I have zero reservations on that
issing

Off topic

@FCBarça moomin's this forum all over the shop, him and the Zatmonster.

Then they just ignore the people they don't like and keep going, generating more and more fume.

I genuinely think that if rep gets reinstated (fingers crossed) they would be stunned if they ended up in the red, and would have no idea of the source

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back