• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

John Stones

Status
Not open for further replies.
BOO.

Nothing against him on a personal level, but I love Goodison with a pantomime villain. I hope it's a volatile disgraceful atmosphere. Booooooo.

He deserves to be booed. He has treated our club with contempt since his transfer request 12 months ago, never once looking to see what we as a club could offer him going forward. He believes he is better than US. The club I love.
He hopefully will get a proper Goodison welcome, the like reserved for Barmby, Rooney 04 and Lescott.

One man called this, one man who stood above all the bollocks that was being spouted on here, one man could see through everything and you bastards got him banned.

I hope @Darth Vader is laughing at you all now.
I think a number on here understood the STCC considerations preceding 'decent' transfer activity. The latter was predicated on raising substantial non broadcast income to support wage increases.
Stones' departure was etched in stone.
To move forward, we've had to take a step sideways

It was a good deal for them, they've ended up with £10m for the lad in total, which is telephone numbers to them.

It'll set their club up for the next few years.
Didn't they have a few more 17-18 year olds sold to bigger teams as well in the last few years? If those get sold on for more than £10m each (which seems to be the price to be paid for a crap English/British footballer lately) then they're looking at a healthy profit for themselves, fair play to them.

Likewise with MK Dons I think.

Disagree there matey. Hes a fantastic footballer and I for one dont believe he thinks hes better than he is.

He never fills me with confidence. Believes his own hype.

If his name was Juan Piedras and we'd paid £3m for him from a second division Spanish league and he made as many mistakes as Stones has he would be playing for Wigan after we sold him and made a £2.5m loss on him.

Just a pity he cant defend eh. Come to think of it, 'skillful' centre halves are rare in England. Probably because it doesnt work.

He can defend mate, he's 22 and still learning the trade. Remeber Rio Ferdinand was exactly the same at West Ham and Leeds, once he hit is prime he was outstanding footballer. Stones is miles better than Rio, miles

He never fills me with confidence. Believes his own hype.

If his name was Juan Piedras and we'd paid £3m for him from a second division Spanish league and he made as many mistakes as Stones has he would be playing for Wigan after we sold him and made a £2.5m loss on him.

So he's only worth 50mil because of his name. Who'd have thunk it?

He deserves to be booed. He has treated our club with contempt since his transfer request 12 months ago, never once looking to see what we as a club could offer him going forward. He believes he is better than US. The club I love.
He hopefully will get a proper Goodison welcome, the like reserved for Barmby, Rooney 04 and Lescott.

I'm with you la.

I want tears.

He can defend mate, he's 22 and still learning the trade. Remeber Rio Ferdinand was exactly the same at West Ham and Leeds, once he hit is prime he was outstanding footballer. Stones is miles better than Rio, miles

We will have to agree to disagree mate.

I have my doubts whether Pep's style, and particular, with Stones, will work long term in the PL.

Rio even said it himself.

And Pep is no mug. He sees the talent. Paid the money. Dropped other centre halves out of the Europe squad for him.

I wish him well, he's far from the finished article - prone to too many errors for my liking. He could become the player we all know he is capable of being - but that price tag will weigh heavy around his neck. We move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back