• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

John Stones

Status
Not open for further replies.
A lot of fans want to have their cake and eat it.
In the world of business, unless you're a well connected bank/insurance company, that's just not how it works.

Didn't they have a few more 17-18 year olds sold to bigger teams as well in the last few years? If those get sold on for more than £10m each (which seems to be the price to be paid for a crap English/British footballer lately) then they're looking at a healthy profit for themselves, fair play to them.

Likewise with MK Dons I think.
They did a few crap deals without sell on's before the Stones deal. But everyone at Barnsley knew this lad was going to be top drawer, so they got the deal right.

Glad he's gone before he can put in a Lescott arsenalesque performance.

He has the potential to become a world class defender, but he also has the potential to become the next Jack Rodwell.

For the money we can't complain. I will feel better if we can get Williams in by tomorrow though.

Happy with the deal overall. Personally I don't think City will give him the time he needs to devolope. They're expected to win the league and compete for the CL. If Stones makes a couple of mistakes the City fans won't be as forgiving given the £47mil price tag.

Glad he's gone before he can put in a Lescott arsenalesque performance.

He has the potential to become a world class defender, but he also has the potential to become the next Jack Rodwell.

For the money we can't complain. I will feel better if we can get Williams in by tomorrow though.
A 32 year old hasbeen replacing one of England's brightest talents. We're an absolute joke club.

Go tell that to Colin Todd, or more pertinently, those of around my age who saw him in an Everton jersey...
I saw Colin Todd mate and what a fantastic player he was. But, I do do think Stones is as good as if not better than Todd - who was grossly underrated. Would have loved to have seen Stones here for a few more years, he was a joy to watch at times

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back