• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

John Stones

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here you go lads, meet up, I don't charge for match-making, your love is my bread and butter xx

Incorrect. I did not want Stones to go, but it was inevitable, so the more EFC got for him, the better to go towards signing a replacement. It just annoys me when players like Stones engineer a move away just for the sake of a few £££'s. Loyalty to a club died in 1992.

Even if we got Ashley Williams for 17.5m, it would still be 30m less than a player who was part of the worst Everton defences of the past 10 years.

Cannot believe the money floating around.

....I presume Stones had submitted a transfer request so is not entitled to his 10%. I also presume we have to pay Barnsley their rightful entitlement to £9m so we actually get £38m. I really rate Stones but that is very decent business. I sincerely hope he goes onto be the best English CB ever but it was not in anybody's interest that he stayed here.

Sad to see him go but that is what he wanted.
I wish him all the best and good luck in achieving his aspirations.
We move on...,g,night John boy.

Williams is no has been he will bring immediate solidness to our leaky defence. Stones was class yes, bit he just didn't want to be here, I don't know why some can't accept this? He also had massive failings as a defender that we just don't have the time for or place for right now. It's time to move on, Stones won't be thinking of you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back