• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

John Stones

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stones deal has £2.5m if they win the CL according to Sky.

Rooney deal had add ons.. Did we ever get them ? Or was it Gibson ?

After the two £10 million instalments that United are set to pay Everton, they will also pay £3 million when Rooney has completed three years of his current contract at United. The next £4 million will then be paid according to United's success in the Premiership and the Champions League as well as the England caps earned by Rooney.

Should United win the European Cup with Rooney in the team, Everton will earn £1 million, while a runners-up place will cost United £500,000. United will have to pay £500,000 if they win the Premiership or £250,000 if they finish as runners-up. A victory in the FA Cup for United would earn Everton £150,000.

Rooney is understood to be earning £55,000 a week on his new deal at United and Everton will be paid £1.5 million if the deal is extended. They will get £500,000 when he reaches 20 England caps and the same amount again when he reaches 40 caps.

Having seen the '62/3 championship side, the '66 Cup Winners, and all that followed with the 69/70 team, and those of the mid-'80s, I, and those around my age, can probably consider myself privileged to have lived through those times and seen those teams. I sincerely hope that younger Everton supporters get to see the same...

Well I got to see the glorious 80's, so yes i consider myself very lucky

Good luck to the lad , his heart hasn't been in it for 12 months or more . Was not in our top 3 defenders last season imo . To be an evertonian you need to really want to play for the club , and that was lacking last season, it needed to be done. So we move on , sounds like Williams , and I'm ok with that , there's talent coming through the youth set up to. Good move for all parties .

Good afternoon all. Interesting reading your comments, I for one am extremely happy with the signing, I'm not going to come on here and pretend I've watched John Stones every minute of every game over the past 12 months so interesting to hear your views on his lack of defensive ability - As everyone seems to agree though, he is an extremley talented ball player with huge potential. Personally I think it's a very good deal all round - Pep gets the player he's wanted since the start (it seems), Everton get a very good price for a 22 year old Defender and JS gets the move he clearly wanted.

I believe if there is a Manager in world football to help him reach his potential, Pep is that Manager - I really do think he will thrive our team. Even if is defending isn't the best at the moment, he's young and still learning his trade - In all honesty, I don't actually think he was signed for his defending (Seems strange saying that about a CB!) but for his clear ability to bring the ball out of defence and link with the midfield - something Pep has had in previous sides and one of the reasons his tactics have been so successful.

It will be interesting to see how he develops but I feel this is a signing we desperately needed. Anything is an improvement on Mangala trust me. If (And it's a big IF) we can get Kompany fit, these 2 at CB could be a great partnership.

On a separate note, good to see a big % on here wishing him well or at the very least not ripping him to shreds - a team on the other side of Stanley Park could learn a thing or 2.

I'm gutted to see him leave as he has bags of potential but certainly has some issues with his defending. He also lacks the physicality one expects from a centre half. He oozes class from the back in some situations though and he times his tackles superbly on occasion. But he is error prone and can overplay at times, not sure if that was him or Martinez though? For that reason, he is a bit of luxury player for me and can understand why he's gone. Wish him all the best.

Get Williams in and we've upgraded our defence significantly replacing Stones with him and having 35m left over.

Yes Stones might go on to be world class, but he's got some way to go yet, and we can't afford to put up with his mistakes till he does, we need to improve our defence and get into Europe this season to attract better players, selling Stones and getting William's in just made that easier to achieve without doubt.

Good for Everton all round is this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back