• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

John Stones

Status
Not open for further replies.
Meh, don't care about "good business", I'm here to watch Everton and our team just got a lot worse now we've sold him.

Jesus wept if we spend £17.5 mil on Ashley williams, good player but 17 mil on a 32 year old defender is laughable
A lot worse?, he was an absolute liability as a defender, he was even making schoolboy errors against Utd last time out.

Williams is a better defender at present, fact, he will help stop goals being scored against us better than Stones would have, also fact.

The way it was handled has been poor by both clubs but it has been one of the best kept secrets for a long time.

Stones is a young lad who wants to win things, and get paid well for it, this isn't going to happen with Everton in the near or distant future so all the best to the lad and good luck but hopefully you'll finish with a runner's up medal to a team in royal blue soon.

COYB

So, seeing the Williams move has gathered pace, does anyone think that was the actual catalyst for the Stones 'announcement'? Fee agreed etc, but no movement until we get a suitable replacement?

you forgot the sell on fee to Barnsley there!

Even if we got Ashley Williams for 17.5m, it would still be 20m less than a player who was part of the worst Everton defences of the past 10 years.

Cannot believe the money floating around.

HA, still madness. I'd take Ashley Williams and 20m and give a lower level club a massive boost.

So, seeing the Williams move has gathered pace, does anyone think that was the actual catalyst for the Stones 'announcement'? Fee agreed etc, but no movement until we get a suitable replacement?
City naming Stones in their CL squad last night is what sped it up mate.

Cheeky gets.

Happy about this, yeah might have been good to keep him but to turn that money down would of been idiotic. Lets be sensible here, he had only player less then 40 times for Everton before putting in a transfer request, that speaks volumes about him. Good players yes but on the scale of things that money can do more for us then he could.

Even if we got Ashley Williams for 17.5m, it would still be 20m less than a player who was part of the worst Everton defences of the past 10 years.

Cannot believe the money floating around.

HA, still madness. I'd take Ashley Williams and 20m and give a lower level club a massive boost.
its not Gideon Osborne economics is it?lol

Good afternoon all. Interesting reading your comments, I for one am extremely happy with the signing, I'm not going to come on here and pretend I've watched John Stones every minute of every game over the past 12 months so interesting to hear your views on his lack of defensive ability - As everyone seems to agree though, he is an extremley talented ball player with huge potential. Personally I think it's a very good deal all round - Pep gets the player he's wanted since the start (it seems), Everton get a very good price for a 22 year old Defender and JS gets the move he clearly wanted.

I believe if there is a Manager in world football to help him reach his potential, Pep is that Manager - I really do think he will thrive our team. Even if is defending isn't the best at the moment, he's young and still learning his trade - In all honesty, I don't actually think he was signed for his defending (Seems strange saying that about a CB!) but for his clear ability to bring the ball out of defence and link with the midfield - something Pep has had in previous sides and one of the reasons his tactics have been so successful.

It will be interesting to see how he develops but I feel this is a signing we desperately needed. Anything is an improvement on Mangala trust me. If (And it's a big IF) we can get Kompany fit, these 2 at CB could be a great partnership.

On a separate note, good to see a big % on here wishing him well or at the very least not ripping him to shreds - a team on the other side of Stanley Park could learn a thing or 2.
I hope ISIS blow the Etihad up at your next game you denim wearing Manc lizard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back