• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

John Stones

Status
Not open for further replies.
Meh, don't care about "good business", I'm here to watch Everton and our team just got a lot worse now we've sold him.

Jesus wept if we spend £17.5 mil on Ashley williams, good player but 17 mil on a 32 year old defender is laughable

£47.5m breaks down as £7.5m to Barnsley, and a health £37m profit for FFP and increasing out wage budget.

I'm happy with that. Spend about £12.5m on Williams and £17m on Kone, our defence improves massively and we've still got about £7m left over. Factoring in Gueye that means we would then have a total net spend of ZERO.

The price of Kone and Williams are going to bring the profit for STCC down, Gueye 's deal will be subtracted as well.

Fee agreed with Swansea...£12 million for Ashley Williams. Which they have immediately spent on a striker.

Thanks, just seen that. Williams should be a competent enough replacement, albeit a short-term one. Let's just hope that the Stones transfer opens the floodgates for other signings.

Good afternoon all. Interesting reading your comments, I for one am extremely happy with the signing, I'm not going to come on here and pretend I've watched John Stones every minute of every game over the past 12 months so interesting to hear your views on his lack of defensive ability - As everyone seems to agree though, he is an extremley talented ball player with huge potential. Personally I think it's a very good deal all round - Pep gets the player he's wanted since the start (it seems), Everton get a very good price for a 22 year old Defender and JS gets the move he clearly wanted.

I believe if there is a Manager in world football to help him reach his potential, Pep is that Manager - I really do think he will thrive our team. Even if is defending isn't the best at the moment, he's young and still learning his trade - In all honesty, I don't actually think he was signed for his defending (Seems strange saying that about a CB!) but for his clear ability to bring the ball out of defence and link with the midfield - something Pep has had in previous sides and one of the reasons his tactics have been so successful.

It will be interesting to see how he develops but I feel this is a signing we desperately needed. Anything is an improvement on Mangala trust me. If (And it's a big IF) we can get Kompany fit, these 2 at CB could be a great partnership.

On a separate note, good to see a big % on here wishing him well or at the very least not ripping him to shreds - a team on the other side of Stanley Park could learn a thing or 2.
Pep won't be there in 2 years and John will never fufil the potential

Meh, don't care about "good business", I'm here to watch Everton and our team just got a lot worse now we've sold him.

Jesus wept if we spend £17.5 mil on Ashley williams, good player but 17 mil on a 32 year old defender is laughable
Apparently £12m.

Also how did it get worse? Player with the most mistakes leading to goals in the league, and as a footballer he's got amazing skill, but as a defener (his trade) he's average at best - can't deal with headers, can't actually position himself, misses his man a lot of the times.

But those stepovers though, phwoar, let's ignore how he's not a great defender at all.

Good afternoon all. Interesting reading your comments, I for one am extremely happy with the signing, I'm not going to come on here and pretend I've watched John Stones every minute of every game over the past 12 months so interesting to hear your views on his lack of defensive ability - As everyone seems to agree though, he is an extremley talented ball player with huge potential. Personally I think it's a very good deal all round - Pep gets the player he's wanted since the start (it seems), Everton get a very good price for a 22 year old Defender and JS gets the move he clearly wanted.

I believe if there is a Manager in world football to help him reach his potential, Pep is that Manager - I really do think he will thrive our team. Even if is defending isn't the best at the moment, he's young and still learning his trade - In all honesty, I don't actually think he was signed for his defending (Seems strange saying that about a CB!) but for his clear ability to bring the ball out of defence and link with the midfield - something Pep has had in previous sides and one of the reasons his tactics have been so successful.

It will be interesting to see how he develops but I feel this is a signing we desperately needed. Anything is an improvement on Mangala trust me. If (And it's a big IF) we can get Kompany fit, these 2 at CB could be a great partnership.

On a separate note, good to see a big % on here wishing him well or at the very least not ripping him to shreds - a team on the other side of Stanley Park could learn a thing or 2.

he's boss

An initial fee of 47.5million...rising to what?

I've read on Bluemoon it's £47.5mil rising to £50mil. The add on's are £1.25mil each time we win the CL (Capped to a maximum of 2) making it a potential of £2.5mil extra.

So essentially, if this ends up costing us £50mil I will be a VERY happy man :dance:

Apparently £12m.

Also how did it get worse? Player with the most mistakes leading to goals in the league, and as a footballer he's got amazing skill, but as a defener (his trade) he's average at best - can't deal with headers, can't actually position himself, misses his man a lot of the times.

But those stepovers though, phwoar, let's ignore how he's not a great defender at all.

Yes mate, you're a better judge of talent than mourinho, pep, terry, ferdinand and pique

He's an amazing talent and will be this countries best defender for many years to come

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back