• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

John Terry trial to take place after Euro 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

The whole thing has become a farce, really. By stripping him of the captaincy the FA have prejudged him and I don't really see how he can get a fair trial now. He's already had his trial by media and been found guilty.

I'm no fan of JT, I think he'a a bad bell, but the way this affair has dragged on and been dealt with in the media is bollox.

Whole thing is an example of how society fawns to our 'heroes' - reason given for delay of trial is that several witnesses unavailable until playing commitments over at end of season. Since when was football more important than the criminal justice system? Can you imagine telling the court that you couldn't appear a a witness because you've got a lot on at work, and would they mind terribly delaying for a few months?

I think it's a farce its going to court in the first place. He allegedly said something hurtful. ****ing hell. People say hurtful things all the ****ing time. Racism becomes a court affair if someone ACTS upon their racism I.e racially aggravated assaults etc etc. This, whether guilty or not, was said in the heat of the moment in anger. Utterly ridiculous that our CJS is having its time wasted by this. Sign of the times.

I think it's a farce its going to court in the first place. He allegedly said something hurtful. ****ing hell. People say hurtful things all the ****ing time. Racism becomes a court affair if someone ACTS upon their racism I.e racially aggravated assaults etc etc. This, whether guilty or not, was said in the heat of the moment in anger. Utterly ridiculous that our CJS is having its time wasted by this. Sign of the times.
He has pleaded not guilty, until he is proven otherwise why should anybody do anything, otherwise just the fact that someone has said you have done something would be enough to get you punished, not a fan of terry myself like but even he deserves to be heard before he is punished not before, just to please the chattering classes and there racist witch hunts, infact if he scored the winner in the euro final id let him off, trail by fire he leads england to glory or goes to jail.

He has pleaded not guilty, until he is proven otherwise why should anybody do anything, otherwise just the fact that someone has said you have done something would be enough to get you punished, not a fan of terry myself like but even he deserves to be heard before he is punished not before, just to please the chattering classes and there racist witch hunts, infact if he scored the winner in the euro final id let him off, trail by fire he leads england to glory or goes to jail.

Haha, they should actually do that.

The whole thing has become a farce, really. By stripping him of the captaincy the FA have prejudged him and I don't really see how he can get a fair trial now. He's already had his trial by media and been found guilty.

I'm no fan of JT, I think he'a a bad bell, but the way this affair has dragged on and been dealt with in the media is bollox.
Seems trial by media is the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back