• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

John Terry trial to take place after Euro 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

I think as a nation we've calmed down a buit with the expectation. There's definatly not a 'We WiLl DeFo WiN' expectation anymore. I think the country had calmed down going into South Africa, but of course doing as poorly as we did is going to spark outrage. With the players we have, there will be an expectation to do well and so there should be. I think we have the capability of winning it if we get it right/ get a bit of luck, but I definatly don't think it's nailed on. If we can get to a semi final I'll be more than happy with that and anything from there is just brilliant. Whether you like them or not, England doing well in a tournament, just for one day, will unite the country and all the social problems that we face in the future just goes out the window. Nothing can unite a country like there national team doing well.

I think as a nation we've calmed down a buit with the expectation. There's definatly not a 'We WiLl DeFo WiN' expectation anymore. I think the country had calmed down going into South Africa, but of course doing as poorly as we did is going to spark outrage. With the players we have, there will be an expectation to do well and so there should be. I think we have the capability of winning it if we get it right/ get a bit of luck, but I definatly don't think it's nailed on. If we can get to a semi final I'll be more than happy with that and anything from there is just brilliant. Whether you like them or not, England doing well in a tournament, just for one day, will unite the country and all the social problems that we face in the future just go out the window.

This^^^
Nothing like a good performace by your countries team to unify a nation.
Even the hardest of critics tend to get converted...

an old teacher of mine once had a theory,,, racist as he was,,he reckoned that the first settlers on the british isles crossed from france and therefore landed in England... his theory was that the Irish, Scottish and Welsh were the clever ones who got out and formed their own little pices of heaven outside of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back