John Textor

Whilst I don't pretend to be high up in international law, I do work in Compliance for a well known Financial services firm and trust me, you do not want to be found in breach of international economic sanctions

So anyone suggesting on this site that sanctions don't matter, or Everton should just ignore them, really should stop and engage their brain before posting; or better still, delete their accounts and go away

I have no idea if they do or don't mate, i know for certain that UEFA doesn't ban them, they were pretty much insisting that Nice be entered into a blind trust governance state over United.

Does the premier league allow or ban them? So far I've only seen our resident sanctions and contract lawyer, premier league rules advisor, stuntman and part time script writer for Hollywood Damo insisting they ban them, which means square root of f all as evidence.

OK, did a 5 minutes look up on it.

It appears that no form of (even blind) trust would suffice in avoiding the indirect beneficiary/Holding element of the prohibition.

So blind trusts aren't actually banned by the premier league (unlike what Damo insisted btw - so again he's wrong) but the leagues rules stipulate that even a blind trust would violate the above element of the ownership rules.

Yet another way where the PL seems to break international laws. A shambles really. From the organisation that Okayed the Saudi government

Textor is a bit of a rebel by nature and it's luring allright.... but i think Moshiri might just be using him keeping appearance of things happening. He's not seriously trying to sell isnt he..

Thats the thing...Thats why it feels he's not seriously trying to give Everton up. I think he might be buying time...maybe for Usmanov...maybe just that they are at the new ground

Thats the thing...Thats why it feels he's not seriously trying to give Everton up. I think he might be buying time...maybe for Usmanov...maybe just that they are at the new ground
As others have said, if the Ukraine war ended tomorrow there is zero chance the EU would remove all sanctions from Russia and its proxies.

Usmanov will never do business in this country again.

As others have said, if the Ukraine war ended tomorrow there is zero chance the EU would remove all sanctions from Russia and its proxies.

That might be very true. Moshiri nevertheless gives me vibes that he's not in a hurry. He might want to drag this and wants to be the owner who takes us to the new ground...

Pretty much I agree, Usmanov will turn his attention to opportunities in the east now, basically the events of the last few years have focused all the oligarchs attentions in that direction as the future.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back