John Textor

The premier league ban blind trusts?

How can they legally do this :eek:

Have to say, and im sure on @Damo_1878 's views but that seems outragous to me.

I was thinking the same, Textor sticks his Palace shares into a blind trust as he has no power there anyway.. then sells when a decent offer comes in.

I have no idea if they do or don't mate, i know for certain that UEFA doesn't ban them, they were pretty much insisting that Nice be entered into a blind trust governance state over United.

Does the premier league allow or ban them? So far I've only seen our resident sanctions and contract lawyer, premier league rules advisor, stuntman and part time script writer for Hollywood Damo insisting they ban them, which means square root of f all as evidence.

OK, did a 5 minutes look up on it.

It appears that no form of (even blind) trust would suffice in avoiding the indirect beneficiary/Holding element of the prohibition.

So blind trusts aren't actually banned by the premier league (unlike what Damo insisted btw - so again he's wrong) but the leagues rules stipulate that even a blind trust would violate the above element of the ownership rules.

Myself & @davek were on the money months back.

We need an arab man.

These US investors are no good to us. 777, MSP, TFG, Textor all messing us about.
Not all American owners are bad obviously, but the middle eastern owners tend to want to buy the clubs because they are bored with their wealth and want to win. They are actually invested in the team.

Not all American owners are bad obviously, but the middle eastern owners tend to want to buy the clubs because they are bored with their wealth and want to win. They are actually invested in the team.

Main aim of the Arabs is sports washing mate frankly.

Same as it was Abramovic's aim when buying Chelsea.

Proportionally what say has been spent on City, PSG or will be on Newcastle is like me or you spending a few quid

Myself & @davek were on the money months back.

We need an arab man.

These US investors are no good to us. 777, MSP, TFG, Textor all messing us about.
No , what we ‘need’ is for the club to go bankrupt and any supporters interested enough can reform the club as a supporter owned enterprise and start again from the bottom .
But neither the above nor the Arabian option are likely to happen .
So it’s Moshiri or Textor .
And if Textor can bring a quality manager on board , good luck to him .

No , what we ‘need’ is for the club to go bankrupt and any supporters interested enough can reform the club as a supporter owned enterprise and start again from the bottom .
But neither the above nor the Arabian option are likely to happen .
So it’s Moshiri or Textor .
And if Textor can bring a quality manager on board , good luck to him .

Unless we get very lucky then I regard the next owner as likely a temporary one.

Think whoever buys us will look to sell on for a big profit within 5-10 years of purchase.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back