John Textor

Listening to that Athletic podcast, Textor seems naive at best, a bit of a clown at worst. Didn't do his due diligence with Lyon and went into Palace thinking he can convince Parish to run the club his way even though he only has a minority share. Seems exactly the sort of cavalier buffoon Moshiri was when he bought us. Spending other people's money in the hope there will be a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. And this guy is our saviour... God help us.

Listening to that Athletic podcast, Textor seems naive at best, a bit of a clown at worst. Didn't do his due diligence with Lyon and went into Palace thinking he can convince Parish to run the club his way even though he only has a minority share. Seems exactly the sort of cavalier buffoon Moshiri was when he bought us. Spending other people's money in the hope there will be a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. And this guy is our saviour... God help us.
So same as we have now... marvellous...

He also has Botofogo top of a very competitive league after 25 games.
Palace are comfortably mid table with a new stand coming. Yes he has no speak but I'd imagine he knew that going in. His shares will be profitable.
Lyon is a bit of a mess but he seems to be doing the right thing re. FFP and getting the finances back in order. Painful for the fans tho.

I dont know a whole pile about him but I doubt he could be worse than Moshiri or 777

He also has Botofogo top of a very competitive league after 25 games.
Palace are comfortably mid table with a new stand coming. Yes he has no speak but I'd imagine he knew that going in. His shares will be profitable.
Lyon is a bit of a mess but he seems to be doing the right thing re. FFP and getting the finances back in order. Painful for the fans tho.

I dont know a whole pile about him but I doubt he could be worse than Moshiri or 777

And saying his shares are profitable is precisely the sticking point at the moment, so that much is up for debate. He wants double what he is being offered.

He is worth the gamble for the fact that anyone coming in would have to clear the debt off the club. But there's a number of red flags IMO.

For the record, the issue I am referring to with Lyon is the TV deal tanking and the overall value of the club plummeting as a result. Seems like the sort of thing you'd check in to before spending hundreds of millions of pounds.

And saying his shares are profitable is precisely the sticking point at the moment, so that much is up for debate. He wants double what he is being offered.

He is worth the gamble for the fact that anyone coming in would have to clear the debt off the club. But there's a number of red flags IMO.

For the record, the issue I am referring to with Lyon is the TV deal tanking and the overall value of the club plummeting as a result. Seems like the sort of thing you'd check in to before spending hundreds of millions of pounds.
maybe but who knows what other deals were in the works that didnt come to fruition.
As for his shares, he bought in for 80m, didnt get the say he wanted and now wants out for more.
He wont sell till he gets an acceptable price. I'm not sure how this is a red flag. Seems like a smart investment to me.
I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt because I'm not sure I can handle more depressing everton takeover news

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back