John Textor

MEGA
Make Everton Great Again
If some isn’t already flogging blue MEGA caps they should be.
Sign me up Sexy Texy, you had me at ‘and then somebody comes along and asks you if you want to become the owner of Everton, it's like someone asking you if you want to be President of the United States. Of course you do.’

Pancakes, blueberries, sausage & syrup for breakkie this morning - Missouri style in honour of our new American overlord.

Ive had way too many months of "we are going into administration", "we are about to go bust", "there wont be an everton football club" and "the stadium will be sold to someone else, where we wont even own it" etc.
Im fine with someone who seems genuinely delighted to drag this club up from the abyss

I have heard the term “go pop” one too many times to be remotely arsed about who the new owner is at this point.

I think the club on the whole needs the takeover ASAP.

Once we get rid of the big question mark over the ownership everyone can focus their energies on improving us on the pitch.

We need to exercise the demons of the past 20 odds years.

Comes across as very open and very genuine.

Whilst Moshiri released statements with a similar sentiment at times, you never heard it from his own mouth and whenever he did speak about the club it always sounded like he literally had no idea about football in general and Everton in particular.

Can't level that against Textor. The stuff about the stadium seemed completely from his heart actually, and as this season rolls into next those words will be resonating with a huge number of match going blues.

Looking over his history, he's not someone who seems to care how what he says is perceived if he believes it, see his issues in both France and Brazil calling out dodgy practises. So I do t think he's sat there carefully planning every word to appease supporters, think it's genuinely how he thinks/feels.

Now will that make him a good owner, or will that mean he's able to do what he appears to want, who knows.

But I'd rather take a chance on a guy who seems to actually 'get' football and has ambition. Else we will just forever be circling the drain.

Sometimes taking a leap of faith works.

P.S. Dyche is so toast as soon as the takeover happens though. I guarantee he'll keep Thelwell on though.

If some isn’t already flogging blue MEGA caps they should be.
Sign me up Sexy Texy, you had me at ‘and then somebody comes along and asks you if you want to become the owner of Everton, it's like someone asking you if you want to be President of the United States. Of course you do.’

Pancakes, blueberries, sausage & syrup for breakkie this morning - Missouri style in honour of our new American overlord.
As much as I love the quote (and I do), it deffo sounds a bit ... Kenwright-ish. :lol:

He does sound very positive they way he talks about the club, which youd expect from someone about to spend north of £650M on the club.

It a worries me the way he talks of building a team though. It gives me a touch of the Moshiri's! His mates could have all the money in the world, but if they arnt allowed to spend it, we wont be building the team he's talking about.

The building the team thing to me hinted at the way we recruit mate.

I'd go so far to say it was almost a middle finger to the 'premier league experience' argument.

Suggests we would see a huge degree more focus on foreign markets for recruiting and scouting.

Comes across as very open and very genuine.

Whilst Moshiri released statements with a similar sentiment at times, you never heard it from his own mouth and whenever he did speak about the club it always sounded like he literally had no idea about football in general and Everton in particular.

Can't level that against Textor. The stuff about the stadium seemed completely from his heart actually, and as this season rolls into next those words will be resonating with a huge number of match going blues.

Looking over his history, he's not someone who seems to care how what he says is perceived if he believes it, see his issues in both France and Brazil calling out dodgy practises. So I do t think he's sat there carefully planning every word to appease supporters, think it's genuinely how he thinks/feels.

Now will that make him a good owner, or will that mean he's able to do what he appears to want, who knows.

But I'd rather take a chance on a guy who seems to actually 'get' football and has ambition. Else we will just forever be circling the drain.

Sometimes taking a leap of faith works.

P.S. Dyche is so toast as soon as the takeover happens though. I guarantee he'll keep Thelwell on though.
I thought that generally he came across well although I'd rather he had not been so open on some issues.

Mrs J who knows diddly about football and , despite her dad being on Everton's books as a player, has no particular interest in the club watched the interview and thought he was shady and insincere.

However at one point she also thought Shipman had a kindly face!

I suppose this is a roundabout way of saying that really none of us have any real idea what Textor would do at Everton and whether he would make a good owner.

As you concluded, sometimes you have to take a leap of faith.

It’ll be nice to be owned by someone who knows what football is and also lives in the 21st century and not in an imaginary world that he’s scripted in a play from the 1950s.
Bill-Kenwright-2_Standard.jpg

The building the team thing to me hinted at the way we recruit mate.

I'd go so far to say it was almost a middle finger to the 'premier league experience' argument.

Suggests we would see a huge degree more focus on foreign markets for recruiting and scouting.
Yes provided we aren't in the same situation where Moshiri picks some signings after chatting with his mate Kia.

Yeah we will just fall in line with the newcastles and villa's out there who also have money but have to tow the line over PSR.
Does sound to me that he will spend whatever we can in team improvement where possible.
The only thing im not impressed about is quoting how much money he will sell a star player for. 50 million for branthwaite is a shock and not good business sense.

Missed him saying that about a value he'd sell for, care to quote it?

It’ll be nice to be owned by someone who knows what football is and also lives in the 21st century and not in an imaginary world that he’s scripted in a play from the 1950s.

Yeah my take on this bloke.

He understands the game (grass roots footy, old stadiums 'charm' etc), seems a footy romantic but acknowledges the reality.

From what he's saying there's no alarm bells or sense he's another failed Corrie actor spouting lines.

Yeah my take on this bloke.

He understands the game (grass roots footy, old stadiums 'charm' etc), seems a footy romantic but acknowledges the reality.

From what he's saying there's no alarm bells or sense he's another failed Corrie actor spouting lines.
No, I'm absolutely sure that he's never been in Corrie although I believe that he did turn down an offer to play Mike Baldwin.

It definitely sounds like he's got wealthy people that we currently have no idea about involved in this project. People that aren't involved with Crystal Palace and will bring significant funds to the table. A takeover with no debt and an owner talking about bring a much better calibre of player to the club - he's making all the right noises. This must be way further down the line than we anticipated. Let's hope it goes through before January so that he can make the corrections that will probably be needed to the squad.
As you say, he is making all the right noises. Was interesting that he mentioned getting this done before January transfer window. Seems he has a plan already to get players in, and my opinion is Dyche is probably out the door from what textor said about speaking to him about the players he wants to bring in. I may be reading too much into that, but it’s a weird thing to say, also means Kevin’s job may also be up.
I don’t know if this happen it will be good for us or bad us, all I know is right now it’s stale and rotten, and we need change and clear out.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back