John Textor

I watched this clip and he mentioned that he had set up a new company to take control of the football club and was clear that it would be separate from the "eagles" companies he is part of that own Crystal Palace.
He mentioned that he had invited some people to join him in the new Everton Football Group and I wondered if those people might include Friedkin and or MSP sports capital. As these have both loaned money to the club, and been linked with buying the club, perhaps Textor could give them an opportunity to convert that debt into shares.

Speaks in the same hyperbole and PR that Moshiri did when he first took over and Evertonians still lap it up.

Literally said he'll be getting involved in doing the transfers which is one of Moshiri's major faults and people ignore it simply because he called us a big club.

There's a reason Lyon fans hate him, there's a reason Palace fans are more than happy to see him leave but "He gets us lad, he said we should be winning the league"

We deserve everything we get.

Southall is on record saying that the goal at the start of every season for Everton should be to win the league.

He's right.

Palace fans only wanted him gone when he came out publicly as interested in us, prior to that check their forums and X - they liked him hugely as he was the only one of their major shareholders putting any money into the club - Wharton's signing and the new academy are entirely down to him.

Lyon fans hate him, because they blame him for the collapse of the broadcasting funding throughout french football?

It was on 'Goodison news' page that i clicked on through newsnow, which said it was from his statement where he said we were looki g for 60million euros for Branthwaite which equates to just over 50 million quid.

Cheers mate, I'd ignore it unless you see a more reliable site reporting it, Goodison news is an absolutely shocking site - on a par with footy insider for reliability.

Think a lot will depend on just what names Thelwells cane up with that Dyche knocked back regarding if Thelwell will stay after a takeover.

My guess is he will remain.
Yeah that will be key. I for one think Kevin has done a decent job under difficult circumstances. Yeah there have been shortcomings in certain areas, but we don’t know the full story as you say in regards to what players dyche rejected.
Only problem I have there is, kevin should not allow any manger to dictate what players the club brings in, sort of makes the DOF role pointless.

Well, its hard for us to not be suspicious of anyone due to all the let downs, false dawns and just utter weapons involved with running us over the years.

But, Textor seems a genuine fella, that is very open - Something we ALL wanted.
He is saying good things abouthow big we are, appreciates what we have won, and wants us closer to that again - We ALL want this.
He said none of it will be debt, and all on his and "invited friends" backs - Most of us wanted this also.

Am I being too naive being a little positive ??!!

Well, its hard for us to not be suspicious of anyone due to all the let downs, false dawns and just utter weapons involved with running us over the years.

But, Textor seems a genuine fella, that is very open - Something we ALL wanted.
He is saying good things abouthow big we are, appreciates what we have won, and wants us closer to that again - We ALL want this.
He said none of it will be debt, and all on his and "invited friends" backs - Most of us wanted this also.

Am I being too naive being a little positive ??!!
With billionaires, expect the worst and be nicely surprised if something good happens

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back