John Textor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, Girona will be the first to test the rules given they qualified for the Champions League.

Part owned by Man City's owners investment group. You would think given City gave UEFA the middle finger over FFP that UEFA would try and scupper them up but I think you are right
Cefferin (spelling?) has already hinted that UEFA are already turning a blind eye to this and legislation change is inevitable in the very near future.

The horse has bolted.

(I'll try and find out where I read/heard it. Maybe it was a podcast interview)

Yeah, Girona will be the first to test the rules given they qualified for the Champions League.

Part owned by Man City's owners investment group. You would think given City gave UEFA the middle finger over FFP that UEFA would try and scupper them up but I think you are right
Yeah they are supposed to be separating off and doing their own thing but have just signed a big sponsorship deal with Etihad Airways for next season. Will be interest to see what happens with this.

If John can stave off administration, stabilise the club for the new stadium and help us operate frugally in the transfer market - I'm all for it.

Putin did for the previous 'business model'.

It would be great to have City / Newcastle cash but if that isn't on the table we just need some business focused leadership.

Does Textor have much money behind him?
Not sure about his personal wealth, but he is a member of the Du Pont family, one of the oldest and wealthiest families in America.

That means he is also related to John Du Pont, who murdered Olympic Wrestler Dave Schulz.

There is a film about it, Foxcatcher. Du Pont is played by Steve Carrell, Schulz is played by Mark Ruffalo, and his brother Mark is played by Channing Tatum.

Good film.

Not sure about his personal wealth, but he is a member of the Du Pont family, one of the oldest and wealthiest families in America.

That means he is also related to John Du Pont, who murdered Olympic Wrestler Dave Schulz.

There is a film about it, Foxcatcher. Du Pont is played by Steve Carrell, Schulz is played by Mark Ruffalo, and his brother Mark is played by Channing Tatum.

Good film.
Well hopefully he's not a murderer ey.

Attachments

• money.webp
    money.webp
    7.7 KB · Views: 9

Good film.

great film, John Du Pont was an absolute weirdo

The days of needing a Man City type of wealthy owner are gone look at Newcastle not worth owning as a billionaire any more as they can’t buy who they want or spend what they want to

We need a man with a plan who can grow us as buisness first then the rest can be built upon
Hard to do too, there are so many financial rules in place that hinder progress, market value should be whatever someone is willing to pay, shouldn't matter who it is, but apparently it matters to the PL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back