John Textor

Status
Not open for further replies.
That chap on talkshite today who stepped in for simon jordan (Peterborough chairman) thought 750million debt was a bargain for a buyer.
I wouldn't agree with him saying it's a bargain but with a new stadium nearing completion and the squad and wages trimmed a new owner running the club even just solidly in the premier League will make profits overall when they sell the club on eventually bar the bottom falling out of the premier League and TV coverage

I wouldn't agree with him saying it's a bargain but with a new stadium nearing completion and the squad and wages trimmed a new owner running the club even just solidly in the premier League will make profits overall when they sell the club on eventually bar the bottom falling out of the premier League and TV coverage
There’s the rub.
Tv coverage is generated by the best players and world obsessions with the RS and Utd.
They don’t have m ffp and Newcastle and Man City take trophy’s off the RS and Utd. But we dominate Europe
impose ffp, and the best players are more evenly spread across the world, premier league teams stop dominating in Europe, and no longer claim to be the best in the werld. And TV money runs out
We have all lost interest in the Classico in recent years haven’t we?

May be related, may not. It has been reported that Bloomberg have been instructed to find a buyer for Palace Board member David Blitzer’s shares in Bundesliga club Augsburg. They would be worth c£50m and therefore way off what Textor’s Palace stake is worth anyway.
The two things may not be related and I’m not trying to suggest that they are, just posting what has been reported.

There’s the rub.
Tv coverage is generated by the best players and world obsessions with the RS and Utd.
They don’t have m ffp and Newcastle and Man City take trophy’s off the RS and Utd. But we dominate Europe
impose ffp, and the best players are more evenly spread across the world, premier league teams stop dominating in Europe, and no longer claim to be the best in the werld. And TV money runs out
We have all lost interest in the Classico in recent years haven’t we?
If one country has dominated the CL and the Europa League this last decade, it's Spain.

May be related, may not. It has been reported that Bloomberg have been instructed to find a buyer for Palace Board member David Blitzer’s shares in Bundesliga club Augsburg. They would be worth c£50m and therefore way off what Textor’s Palace stake is worth anyway.
The two things may not be related and I’m not trying to suggest that they are, just posting what has been reported.
Augsburg are a decent little team who are on the way up, I don't think he will struggle to sell his shares. I read something about this the other day that was suggesting a possible link, Blitzer's Augsburg stake somehow involves MSP somewhere along the line as they are one of the MSP clubs within their group.

Augsburg are a decent little team who are on the way up, I don't think he will struggle to sell his shares. I read something about this the other day that was suggesting a possible link, Blitzer's Augsburg stake somehow involves MSP somewhere along the line as they are one of the MSP clubs within their group.
Yeah, they are but I don’t know how any tie up with Blitzer works. Interesting to find out.

Thanks, didn’t know that.
Yeah, it seems a little weird (all this financial stuff is imo) its sort of separate from MSP but it's not and it's linked to something called MSG (original name) He is listed as being involved with the ownership of all the MSP clubs then a few more odd ones and obviously his Palace thing, investments in a few other sports also.

Yeah, it seems a little weird (all this financial stuff is imo) its sort of separate from MSP but it's not and it's linked to something called MSG (original name) He is listed as being involved with the ownership of all the MSP clubs then a few more odd ones and obviously his Palace thing, investments in a few other sports also.
Yes, I think he is in the NBA & NHL. Whenever (or if ever) the TV money dries up some of these guys are going to catch a cold.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.