John Textor

Status
Not open for further replies.
We sold our best player to Newcastle, and have done before.
Newcastle must be bigger than us then......

Use your own logic.
Why didn’t they go to city, Utd Madrid Barca. They sold 2 of their best players to West Ham and Bournemouth. That’s the power of the prem. not difficult to understand again

Why didn’t they go to city, Utd Madrid Barca. They sold 2 of their best players to West Ham and Bournemouth. That’s the power of the prem. not difficult to understand again

Nope once again, its about using the market properly.

Premier league clubs how more money to throw around, many Euro clubs milk clubs like West Ham n Bournemouth.

Nothing to do with Bournemouth being bigger that Lyon ffs 🤣 🤣

And it wouldn’t matter if Lyon were a bigger club, we’d instantly become more valuable due to the fact we’re in the richest league in the world… we’d be the priority.
We are definitely already more valuable, despite the doom and gloom on here. In 2022 Forbes had us at 16th most valuable in the world, Lyon is nowhere near that. Currently we are still probably top 25, and with a good owner would jump back up.

That being said I dont think the Lyon fans would be a fan.

We are definitely already more valuable, despite the doom and gloom on here. In 2022 Forbes had us at 16th most valuable in the world, Lyon is nowhere near that. Currently we are still probably top 25, and with a good owner would jump back up.

That being said I dont think the Lyon fans would be a fan.
We're not even in the top 30, for what it's worth. https://www.forbes.com/lists/soccer-valuations/

Nope, he is selling for the same reason Usmanov/Moshiri sold Arsenal - Theyt have no power / controll, and want a play thing.

ANY owner of a group of clubs, that openely says some clubs are not as important as others, need to be received with huge caution.
Not according to his statement.

"So, why would we sell, just when things are getting so good? Well, Eagle Football is known to employ a highly integrated sporting model across its football clubs, with an unprecedented amount of scouting collaboration and player movement within the family of clubs," Textor explained.

“As proud as we are to have been a part of the resurgence of Crystal Palace, it remains true that Crystal Palace is an independent club, run by a man with a steady hand, who has achieved a level of sustainability that is incredibly uncommon in today’s Premier League. An integrated sporting model, such as ours at Eagle, is simply not a perfect fit for Crystal Palace."

He said Everton aren’t bigger than Lyon. So how do you interpret that??

If Lyon were getting champions league football every year and challenging PSG fair enough, but finishing 6th/7th and playing in the conference is not going to attract and keep their best players from coming to the premier league. Last summer they sold one of their best players to Bournemouth. 2 yrs ago they sold their best player to 14th placed West Ham.

I bet you can guarantee that if WE was doing this...you would defo be arguing it matters and why we are a big Euro club, nailed on.

Not according to his statement.

"So, why would we sell, just when things are getting so good? Well, Eagle Football is known to employ a highly integrated sporting model across its football clubs, with an unprecedented amount of scouting collaboration and player movement within the family of clubs," Textor explained.

“As proud as we are to have been a part of the resurgence of Crystal Palace, it remains true that Crystal Palace is an independent club, run by a man with a steady hand, who has achieved a level of sustainability that is incredibly uncommon in today’s Premier League. An integrated sporting model, such as ours at Eagle, is simply not a perfect fit for Crystal Palace."

You have proved my point, thanks.

You have proved my point, thanks.
It proves he's looking to sell because he isn't able to implement the structure he wants. If you see it differently and that he just wants a play thing, then it's a different viewpoint. We will only know if he gets his hands on us.

To be fair he's only had full control there less than 18 months.
Looks like there was a big squad overhaul last season , seems to make changes quickly when needed.
Not sure how the French PSR works or how it will effect them going forward.

Was a little shocked at how much he paid for the club tbh.
They make huge profits on player transfers, 150m over the last 3 seasons.

He said Everton aren’t bigger than Lyon. So how do you interpret that??

If Lyon were getting champions league football every year and challenging PSG fair enough, but finishing 6th/7th and playing in the conference is not going to attract and keep their best players from coming to the premier league. Last summer they sold one of their best players to Bournemouth. 2 yrs ago they sold their best player to 14th placed West Ham.
I interpret it exactly like I said I think he's saying Lyon won't be acting as a feeder club to Everton because we're not a step up from them. Its nothing to do with who gets bigger crowds or who won more trophies in the past i'm not a schoolkid I don't care about that but in the context of the multi club model which is what we're talking about I don't think there would be a hierarchy which sees Everton sitting at the top of the tree above Lyon thats all. If his French club was Le Havre or someone like that it would be different but not Lyon i'm not talking Everton down or Lyon up just being realistic.

Ye seen that a few big ones by French league standards , plus they look pretty stable.

FWIW I have a feeling it won't be him that buys us , think he's played his hand too early , and selling his stake in Palace is a huge stumbling block.
Massive issue, but not an impossible task.

It honestly does depend if there are other people floating around, its very silent atm, but that means nothing, we saw the speed in which Mosh rocked up, within 24hours his name dropped and he had done the deal.

Massive issue, but not an impossible task.

It honestly does depend if there are other people floating around, its very silent atm, but that means nothing, we saw the speed in which Mosh rocked up, within 24hours his name dropped and he had done the deal.
Hoping that happens ( & they are worthy ) as you say Moshiri totally out of the Blue when John J Moores looked like it was him and his mate.
Same happened at Liverpool & lately at Villa.
Here's hoping 🤞

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back