John Textor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doesn’t need to be a massively rigid hierarchy, particularly at the top of the model. Can just be used to fill holes quickly and cheaply. If they lost 2 CBs to injury in January, we could have very cheaply filled a temporary gap by lobbing them Keane on loan (not a great example I know). Or if Myko got injured and they had a world class left back keeping out a real prospect, we could take the kid on a short term loan. Infinitely better than getting bent over and signing another mid-30s utility player, or paying a loan fee and full wages for a mid-table bench surfer.

We would have given game time to a RM they didn’t need over the last few months. We’ve usually got a handful of spare keepers hanging about that never ever ever play they could borrow for 6 months if they made a big Jan sale and wanted to wait til summer to replace. Etc etc.

Will the same rules apply to any perspective new owner as 777? i.e they would have to pay off the same debts and stadium fund as 777 were asked to to prove they were suitable as new owners?

Dont think would change much maybe help us bring in lads from brazil loaning them out to get in early before joining here. Also if clubs interested in a player would give us an advantage for talks but honestly dont think it would make a difference. Can see lyon fans and us wishing for more than mid table
Not sure how long he has been at Lyon but they have been very much David Moyes type finishes from them the last 10 or so seasons.

Will the same rules apply to any perspective new owner as 777? i.e they would have to pay off the same debts and stadium fund as 777 were asked to to prove they were suitable as new owners?
You'd imagine that all those owed would be grown ups and recognise that virtually any new owner represents a better chance of repayment than 777.

They may tio the wink to the PL saying they're happy enough under existing arrangements.

When Wander was due to meet the PL there were all the stories that MSP attended the meeting with them (denied by MSP). I'd bet MSP did go to the league and say get our money back as part of the deal. They could see what Moshiri was blind to.

🤣🤣🤣🤣 so you can’t count crowds but you can count European games. It’s a weaker league the French league is easier to qualify for Europe. Bet there’s clubs in Greece, Turkey, Belgium, Portugal who’ve played more games in Europe than Lyon.
Yes Lyon have had some success since 2000, finished 6th last season but gate average was roughly 2/3rds full.

They have 13 major trophies in their history , 10 were won in a 10yr spell. Won nothing in 12 yrs

You said Lyon were bigger I disagree.
Lyon are from a city with over 2.3m in its wider area and a one club city.
Not arguing whether they are bigger or smaller. But there would a be a lot of potential there if there was ever European super league… just saying.

Lyon are from a city with over 2.3m in its wider area and a one club city.
Not arguing whether they are bigger or smaller. But there would a be a lot of potential there if there was ever European super league… just saying.
But can’t fill their stadium

I would think any prospective owner should have access to a lot of cash or this would not be a good choice as owning a sports franchise isn't a tight budget purchase.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.