John Textor

That says everything then doesn't it?

He's got to arrange loans (probably leveraging whatever assets EFC still own as security) to buy Everton

This isn't TFG and their bid or anything like it. Is it?
Isn't there a rule in the premier league that you have to prove you have 60% of the money before any borrowing to buy a club? Wasn't this the crux of the problem for 777?

Similar parties and historic motives when you think about it.

Moshiri et al had a minority stake in Arsenal and sold it to get a full stake in a PL club, Textor now is similar. Neither had the ability influence anything in a meaningful way with minority or rather non - controlling stakes.

Whatever about the value on the investment - also a bit of ego at play here in terms of control and being able to call the shots in my opinion.

Begs the question, like Moshiri at Arsenal if Textor is such a whizz kid why has he been kept in his box at Palace.
Exactly, he's another Moshiri. Clueless.

That says everything then doesn't it?

He's got to arrange loans (probably leveraging whatever assets EFC still own as security) to buy Everton

This isn't TFG and their bid or anything like it. Is it?

I dont really know mate.

Ive been going against the grain on this for the start - as, as far as i can see this mutli-group operation is high on debt and low on non borrowed investment.

Thats just me doing a bit of digging, but i dont really know his plans - you have to say past behaviour is a future indicator...........and all that.

My take is if it was to be TFG there was always going to three things, partial debt write down, a restructuring of the remainder of the existing debt against BMD and funds for the business.

I dont know Textors plans - thus i keep asking the questions i listed a few pages back - ive a strong suspicion if this is to be done, it will be done through debt or leveraging of the groups assets only as opposed to the above that TFG were planning.

I still think there are massive hurdles to this - (not just the resolution of his Palace stake) - despite it seemingly or rather being reported to be close and i wouldn't at all be surprised if its never done.

Thats my take mate. ;)

Somebody on here can correct me on this I'm sure, but didn't the premier league pass a rule wrt takeovers that said you can't takeover by lumping the debt to cover the takeover onto the club?

Somebody on here can correct me on this I'm sure, but didn't the premier league pass a rule wrt takeovers that said you can't takeover by lumping the debt to cover the takeover onto the club?
Screenshot_20240823_140226_Chrome.jpg

But Everton is different.

If we believe what we read, Moshiri would need paying 65m, it wouldn't matter where that money come from.

And the club already has the massive debts, so nothing would prevent Textor getting a loan to pay Moshiri and then getting a bigger, longer loan to solidate the existing debt.

In my very uneducated opinion.

The club is essentially worth nothing. So a purchase price doesn't come into it mate. Be nominal if anything.

So you can restructure the existing debt and heap it on the club, that's been the game all along, the transition of short term, high interest debt into something else.

There isn't a PL rule about taking over and restructuring existing debt.

Ideally we want someone who comes and wipes the debt and puts finance into the business - that's very unlikely happen.

Secondly we want someone who would partially pay some of the debt, restructure part of it and invest in the business.

Lastly - it will be someone coming in - has an agreement with our current lenders - takes out one big massive overall infrastructure loan - pays our lenders off - and the club is saddled with a big long term debt and the owners sit on the appreciating asset and doesn't invest in the business.

TFG were no 2, Textor i think may be somewhere between 2 and 3 - though tbf I'm speculating.

Last edited:

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back