John Textor

So.. there is still no indication of any actual news.

We have had a statement from John Textor confirming his desire to sell shares in Crystal Palace and buy a controlling interest in Everton but we have known that for some time.

We have heard of meeting(s) between Textor and Moshiri but not from either of the two parties and of course we haven't clue about funding or ownership.
Don’t quote me on this bu I think someone suggested that Mr Textor may have to look into the possibility of selling his Crystal Palace shares before he can buy Everton
Again don’t quote me but I think k I read that somewhere 😂

The club is essentially worth nothing. So a purchase price doesn't come into it mate. Be nominal if anything.

So you can restructure the existing debt and heap it on the club, that's been the game all along, the transition of short term, high interest debt into something else.

There isn't a PL rule about taking over and restructuring existing debt.

Ideally we want someone who comes and wipes the debt and puts finance into the business - that's very unlikely happen.

Secondly we want someone who would partially pay some of the debt, restructure part of it and invest in the business.

Lastly - it will be someone coming in - has an agreement with our current lenders - takes out one big massive overall infrastructure loan - pays our lenders off - and the club is saddled with a big long term debt and the owners sit on the appreciating asset and doesn't invest in the business.

TFG were no 2, Textor i think may be somewhere between 2 and 3 - though tbf I'm speculating.

Weren't we always expecting to be about £500 million in debt next summer anyway? What with financing the stadium and all? Is it the worst outcome if we come out of this (for example) £600 million in debt, with new owners and a new stadium?

Genuine questions btw, I could be well off, and I don't really know the numbers involved.

Don’t quote me on this bu I think someone suggested that Mr Textor may have to look into the possibility of selling his Crystal Palace shares before he can buy Everton
Again don’t quote me but I think k I read that somewhere 😂
This thread reminds of me the economics class I dropped in college after I kept nodding off due to boredom

You have to wonder why you pair are in this thread at all, given you both either have it all figured out or are complaining of boredom. If the ownership of Everton isn't for you, maybe commenting in the thread isn't either. You know? 🤷‍♂️

The club is essentially worth nothing. So a purchase price doesn't come into it mate. Be nominal if anything.

So you can restructure the existing debt and heap it on the club, that's been the game all along, the transition of short term, high interest debt into something else.

There isn't a PL rule about taking over and restructuring existing debt.

Ideally we want someone who comes and wipes the debt and puts finance into the business - that's very unlikely happen.

Secondly we want someone who would partially pay some of the debt, restructure part of it and invest in the business.

Lastly - it will be someone coming in - has an agreement with our current lenders - takes out one big massive overall infrastructure loan - pays our lenders off - and the club is saddled with a big long term debt and the owners sit on the appreciating asset and doesn't invest in the business.

TFG were no 2, Textor i think may be somewhere between 2 and 3 - though tbf I'm speculating.

The issue then is do the Premier League agree with that valuation and statement

You have to wonder why you pair are in this thread at all, given you both either have it all figured out or are complaining of boredom. If the ownership of Everton isn't for you, maybe commenting in the thread isn't either. You know? 🤷‍♂️
You ever watch the Muppets I'm a big fan of Statler and Waldorf the two old guys who heckle the Muppets from balcony so I'm applying that approach and seeing if any enjoyment comes from that angle. Oh please don't banish me from your nerd club for nerds jk

Last edited:
1000035037.webp

View attachment 270222
He’s really not letting go is he?!

It’s pure drivel now. Fancy someone having a desire to control a business in which you have a majority investment but no overall control…obviously despicable and a cause for concern that, wanting to take full control and call the shots, just like most owners of any business does….

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back