John Textor

So.. there is still no indication of any actual news.

We have had a statement from John Textor confirming his desire to sell shares in Crystal Palace and buy a controlling interest in Everton but we have known that for some time.

We have heard of meeting(s) between Textor and Moshiri but not from either of the two parties and of course we haven't clue about funding or ownership.
All very confusing and potentially concerning. Also, tiring 😫

So.. there is still no indication of any actual news.

We have had a statement from John Textor confirming his desire to sell shares in Crystal Palace and buy a controlling interest in Everton but we have known that for some time.

We have heard of meeting(s) between Textor and Moshiri but not from either of the two parties and of course we haven't clue about funding or ownership.

What actual news are you expecting? He can't buy us yet even if he wants to.

Friedkin seemed like a professional, but Texor has a whiff of Moshiri about him. Swerve.

Similar parties and historic motives when you think about it.

Moshiri et al had a minority stake in Arsenal and sold it to get a full stake in a PL club, Textor now is similar. Neither had the ability influence anything in a meaningful way with minority or rather non - controlling stakes.

Whatever about the value on the investment - also a bit of ego at play here in terms of control and being able to call the shots in my opinion.

Begs the question, like Moshiri at Arsenal if Textor is such a whizz kid why has he been kept in his box at Palace.

View attachment 270141
The dude is relentless. I mean, I have no idea if Textor is right for the club or not but having read his statement he never once states he isn’t fit to buy us or can’t own us. The Esk has a platform and he’s mostly using it to either spread scare stories about administration, or he’s discrediting everything who isn’t the horse he’s backing.
He implores Moshiri ......😆😆😆

i'm pretty sure i read somewhere Bell and Downing. But i don't think he's every revealed that

If you ever saw how he rubbished all other possible bidders and constantly have fellatio to the Bell... And downing bid, then it's clear which bid he had an involvement with.

Guys a grade A cretin. Takes his moral high horse against possible owners whilst he himself pulled and continues to pull the same kind of stunts, lies to evertonians routinely, had a position of trust on here which he abused for ultimately his own financial gain, and after all that he talks about wanting honesty and transparency and what's best for the club and supporters.

Utter embarrassment of a grown man.

Just reading what Crystal Palace fans have to say.

In my view, this fella nails it;

People will praise the transparency, but it's the opposite to me. It's disingenuous.

He needs to state when the bid/approach was made for Palace. Everyone knows he tried in the past - the Athletic reported a new bid last night which has sent him scurrying to recover.
Does it matter? We know he wanted to own palace because he's been trying for ages. Even if he made the offer for palace yesterday, it doesn't change the fact he wants to own a club outright. If that isn't palace, let it be Everton.

As long as he invests, we benefit from it.

View attachment 270141
The dude is relentless. I mean, I have no idea if Textor is right for the club or not but having read his statement he never once states he isn’t fit to buy us or can’t own us. The Esk has a platform and he’s mostly using it to either spread scare stories about administration, or he’s discrediting everything who isn’t the horse he’s backing.

Yet he was backing a pair who's bid was based entirely on borrowing and they hadn't even managed to get it all lined up when the last lot of bids were being sent to Moshiri.

Similar parties and historic motives when you think about it.

Moshiri et al had a minority stake in Arsenal and sold it to get a full stake in a PL club, Textor now is similar. Neither had the ability influence anything in a meaningful way with minority or rather non - controlling stakes.

Whatever about the value on the investment - also a bit of ego at play here in terms of control and being able to call the shots in my opinion.

Begs the question, like Moshiri at Arsenal if Textor is such a whizz kid why has he been kept in his box at Palace.

Why did he buy a minority stake at Crystal Palace in the first place if he desired to "call the shots"?

Yet he was backing a pair who's bid was based entirely on borrowing and they hadn't even managed to get it all lined up when the last lot of bids were being sent to Moshiri.

Thats wrong. It was all lined up, but TFG's bid was basically a better bid and they bowed out. They and MSP were individually paid back by TFG.

Does it matter? We know he wanted to own palace because he's been trying for ages. Even if he made the offer for palace yesterday, it doesn't change the fact he wants to own a club outright. If that isn't palace, let it be Everton.

As long as he invests, we benefit from it.

He's not "investing" though is he and this is the crux of what @GrandOldTeam is saying about the "blagging"

He's intending to leverage to buy Everton.

Personally, I'm not convinced he'll pass Premier League rules over this leveraging

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back