John Textor

No idea of the feller's other attempts to buy clubs. Does he have a history of phantom bids or does he tend to target a club and get his control / share of control each and every time?

I genuinely dont know.

Just a hunch but this feels genuine to me. It looks like the next logical step up in his relationship with football club ownership. That's not to say he'd be a good owner for us, btw.

he’s not moshiri or 777 - so he’s a good owner already

It means if I understand properly...

Eagle holdings floating business to raise money to support their investments.
One of which is Everton.
If they raise enough then it will likely allow him to buy us, inject enough money into the club to turn debt into equity, reduce our interest charges and allow us to have less costs going forward.

This with increased revenues will give us more room for any PSR challenges.

The risk for him is going public means his baby is no longer just his.

Broadly speaking yes.

Also if you have a collapse in the public markets, liquidity can suddenly become tight again. However at the moment valuations are very high, confidence is very good, so it's a useful way to raise funds.

No idea of the feller's other attempts to buy clubs. Does he have a history of phantom bids or does he tend to target a club and get his control / share of control each and every time?

I genuinely dont know.

Just a hunch but this feels genuine to me. It looks like the next logical step up in his relationship with football club ownership. That's not to say he'd be a good owner for us, btw.
1yVCzZ.gif

I genuinely dont know.

I think he tried to buy or reported in the media he wanted to buy a couple of PL clubs before Palace - Newcastle was one, Brentford and Watford others.

Dont really know abroad.

Why would Textor and Moshiri be doing this dance in the media?

Textor is about to launch his football group on the stock exchange hoping to raise 100’s of millions. A whiff of him buying Everton, makes that more attractive so +£££££.

For Moshiri, it gives the sense to the fan base things are moving, means he doesn’t get any fan abuse at the start of the season and also drums up interest in the media that Everton could be close to being sold - flushing out other potential bidders.

Whats happened since Ornstein broke this weeks ago - actually nothing, but a media dance.

They both benifit from the media around this.

For people unaware, when a company lists on a public market, such as the NASDAQ the process is known as IPOing.

This is essentially a massive sales pitch. You do it to raise cash, and want to generate as much money as possible. Being interested in a PL club helps.

It may be after the IPO it goes away. Id say it was a little risky. Unlike private markets, people can pull out very quickly, if they bought shares based on acquiring a PL football club.

But this publicity definitely helps.

I'm not sure of the link with Area capital, happy to have that one explained.

You do realise that Damo is going to lose his sheet with this, his love for Textor (or lack of) is legendary
I am hoping all the financial whizz kids are still up and reading this
Want to read about equity and debt leveraging and IPO s and escrow account etc
Not that I have much interest in it or understand it but I’m up at 5-30 am and could do with something to put me to sleep before 11pm

I know you preferred Friedkin.

They're all a massive gamble as far as I'm concerned. Moshiri has taught us that.

FWIW I preferred Freidkin too, I think he's a better and more switched on businessman. I am very wary of Textor zany and public profile. It might just be recency bias, but I'm not convinced it's very professional.

However, that's the game now, and they are all to varying degrees playing it. They will look to IPO publicly, there will be a lot of leverage within the chains.

A lot of groups behind them are very serious though. Not the rank amateurs that Moshiri and Kenwright were

I know you preferred Friedkin.

They're all a massive gamble as far as I'm concerned. Moshiri has taught us that.

I liked the competence on display and they had a track record of recovering a distressed asset - we need that more than anything.

You know my long held take and belief on a self sustainable model.

Textor for me is to fond of debt, for very little private investment, has to many plates spinning and too global thinking to recommend to me here mate, I don’t like the smell of it.

But you’re right they are all a gamble.

Ideally what we need here is someone to recover the business with a bit of hand holding financially for the next year or two until we can do it ourselves - root and branch weeding at the club of course needs to happen. Thats why I liked TFG, I think that exactly what 5hey would have done.

For people unaware, when a company lists on a public market, such as the NASDAQ the process is known as IPOing.

This is essentially a massive sales pitch. You do it to raise cash, and want to generate as much money as possible. Being interested in a PL club helps.

It may be after the IPO it goes away. Id say it was a little risky. Unlike private markets, people can pull out very quickly, if they bought shares based on acquiring a PL football club.

But this publicity definitely helps.

I'm not sure of the link with Area capital, happy to have that one explained.

Apologies to all - if I was being unclear with jargon and the like - thanks for clarifying mate! .;)

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back