John Textor

Isn't it the primary cause of why they've been so bad? That the glazers had a duty to primarily focus on share price rather than on field product?

I'm not sure that's true at all. In fact trading publicly gave them a huge initial advantage and access to capital.

They have had woeful recruitment for a number of years. That's the primary reason.

He wants to have control of an English club regardless. He may see us as the best opportunity at the moment, but it's clear he's never gaining control at CP and he'd probably be doing this regardless.

From an asset managers standpoint, I suspect Everton represent a better opportunity too.

Also apparently he has offers for his Palace shares - equal to what he paid - he just wants more for them.

But technically he could accept.

If IPO goes well - then he sails through Premier League test.
Stupid question
If Textor raises the 2+ billion from the US gloat of eagle holdings could he not
Pay off all the debt including the stadium debt and turn it into equity
I seem to remember Moshiri doing this with Usmanov money
Then he would own the club and the stadium outright
We would have no more interest payments and could spend money and still be PSR compliant
Textor could even put extra money in as we can lose 100 + million over a 3 year period
Hopefully with stadium sponsorship Textor could invest even more
If we got a decent manager and upgraded the squad European football would bring even more income

Or is that not how it works
That seemingly was Usmanov plan
Well that and making money out of the dock lands

All very confusing. And i just want it done.
I need to not be spending time thinking of takeovers, owners, debt and all that guff.

Just wanna get that sorted, stadium built and ready to go, and spend my time talking soley about events on the pitch

It means if I understand properly...

Eagle holdings floating business to raise money to support their investments.
One of which is Everton.
If they raise enough then it will likely allow him to buy us, inject enough money into the club to turn debt into equity, reduce our interest charges and allow us to have less costs going forward.

This with increased revenues will give us more room for any PSR challenges.

The risk for him is going public means his baby is no longer just his.
Maybe over time he could buy shares back but by bit

FWIW I preferred Freidkin too, I think he's a better and more switched on businessman. I am very wary of Textor zany and public profile. It might just be recency bias, but I'm not convinced it's very professional.

However, that's the game now, and they are all to varying degrees playing it. They will look to IPO publicly, there will be a lot of leverage within the chains.

A lot of groups behind them are very serious though. Not the rank amateurs that Moshiri and Kenwright were
All we can do as fans is read the tea leaves and place our (guarded) trust in one of the suitors coming forward.

We're at the mercy of investors...but then I suppose we always have been since the days of Moores onward.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back