John Textor

To answer your question, my view would be possibly.

I'd imagine they issue a lot of new shares. Not sure how much new money it would be, and how much control he would be giving up.

Let's us simple numbers. He gets 2bn valuation, and holds 50% of company, so the markets own 50%. That's 1bn of new capital.

He can use that as he chooses. Some may be used for Lyon too. But you'd imagine some will be used for Everton.

I'm not sure he would clear the debt, but he may repackage it, at a lower rate. He can use a section of the 2bn valuation as security.

If either (or both) Everton/Lyon do well, he could also sell more shares in the future, and use those funds. That's the advantage of the public markets.

One final thing. There is a possibility that the 200m owed to TFG could also be turned to liquidity. That Textor gives say 30% of the club to them.
I understood that
Why can’t all the financial billionaires on here talk in similar language

I suspect Chelsea has always been the golden goose for PIF.

I see. I know some Saudis were interested in us. I suspect they probably buy more clubs to diversify.

They seem to be dialling down the amount spent on Newcastle too. 4 years in now, still hovering around the mid table spots, they probably see that as a useful aim

I doubt this very much. I was driving through Newcastle just last week and when coming out the city a 4x4 in front had KSA on the number plate. Possibly a player or club official. They are very visible and very much there long term.

Absolutely they are but it doesn't mean they can't change strategy.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back