John Textor

I liked the competence on display and they had a track record of recovering a distressed asset - we need that more than anything.

You know my long held take and belief on a self sustainable model.

Textor for me is to fond of debt, for very little private investment, has to many plates spinning and too global thinking to recommend to me here mate, I don’t like the smell of it.

But you’re right they are all a gamble.

Ideally what we need here is someone to recover the business with a bit of hand holding financially for the next year or two until we can do it ourselves - root and branch weeding at the club of course needs to happen. Thats why I liked TFG, I think that exactly what 5hey would have done.

We need Mansour MkII.

Unfortunately it doesn't look like happening.

I'm amazed Newcastle attracted the Saudis given the clamp on investment. We're in a new era, and if a new owner can come in and bump start us as a competitive force again then I'd accept that.

We could really do with the Scab 6 finally being coaxed away to their Euro-league white elephant destiny.

We need Mansour MkII.

I'm amazed Newcastle attracted the Saudis given the clamp on investment. We're in a new era, and if a new owner can come in and bump start us as a competitive force again then I'd accept that.

We could really do with the Scab 6 finally being coaxed away to their Euro-league white elephant destiny.

Rumours are the Saudis are not to happy at Nufc.

We need Mansour MkII.

It’s fools gold mate - believe the Qatar’s had a meeting here a couple of months ago after TFG - walked away due to PSR.

Arsenal and Spurs need to be the yard stick.

Stupid question
If Textor raises the 2+ billion from the US gloat of eagle holdings could he not
Pay off all the debt including the stadium debt and turn it into equity
I seem to remember Moshiri doing this with Usmanov money
Then he would own the club and the stadium outright
We would have no more interest payments and could spend money and still be PSR compliant
Textor could even put extra money in as we can lose 100 + million over a 3 year period
Hopefully with stadium sponsorship Textor could invest even more
If we got a decent manager and upgraded the squad European football would bring even more income

Or is that not how it works
That seemingly was Usmanov plan
Well that and making money out of the dock lands

To answer your question, my view would be possibly.

I'd imagine they issue a lot of new shares. Not sure how much new money it would be, and how much control he would be giving up.

Let's us simple numbers. He gets 2bn valuation, and holds 50% of company, so the markets own 50%. That's 1bn of new capital.

He can use that as he chooses. Some may be used for Lyon too. But you'd imagine some will be used for Everton.

I'm not sure he would clear the debt, but he may repackage it, at a lower rate. He can use a section of the 2bn valuation as security.

If either (or both) Everton/Lyon do well, he could also sell more shares in the future, and use those funds. That's the advantage of the public markets.

One final thing. There is a possibility that the 200m owed to TFG could also be turned to liquidity. That Textor gives say 30% of the club to them.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back