John Textor

Didn’t Slater also say that the Everton sale isn’t close because nobody has contracted TFG about their 200mil,
While it’s been pointed out that their 200mil is not due till summer 25. So why would you need to contact TFG
Because it needs to be re-paid upon change of ownership so at the very least any prospective purchaser would need to liaise with them to either get a settlement figure or try and negotiate terms.

Because it needs to be re-paid upon change of ownership so at the very least any prospective purchaser would need to liaise with them to either get a settlement figure or try and negotiate terms.
Fair enough, I didn’t realise that and even John blain didn’t say this in toffee tv,
Who seems to know about business

Would Matt Slater or any other journalist have inside information about a private sale of shares worth up to 450k ?
Unless John Textor or other interested parties are briefing journalists then any opinions are guess work.
I would guess both parties would try to disclose less information rather than more

We saw the Moshiri /Usmanov deal come from nowhere, I certainly can't remember any commentator mentioning it in advance.

I expect something similar may happen again with Textor or someone else.
There will be no update until a deal is completed.

However, maybe you do have access to this confidential information.
He said he’d spoken to people, but didn’t elaborate on
That, I did think he was quite negative on that pod and said at one point that the ground could make a difference, but not much if we’re in the championship. Them at the end of the pod was going on about how great the stadium was

That, I did think he was quite negative on that pod and said at one point that the ground could make a difference, but not much if we’re in the championship. Them at the end of the pod was going on about how great the stadium was

None of that is mutually exclusive

You can have a great stadium (IMHO it's too small) but be unable to take advantage of that being in the Championship

Would Matt Slater or any other journalist have inside information about a private sale of shares worth up to 450k ?
Unless John Textor or other interested parties are briefing journalists then any opinions are guess work.
I would guess both parties would try to disclose less information rather than more

We saw the Moshiri /Usmanov deal come from nowhere, I certainly can't remember any commentator mentioning it in advance.

I expect something similar may happen again with Textor or someone else.
There will be no update until a deal is completed.

However, maybe you do have access to this confidential information.

People talk. Those not subject to NDA

Fair enough, I didn’t realise that and even John blain didn’t say this in toffee tv,
Who seems to know about business
Well no-one knows exactly what the terms of the loan are, however it's highly unlikely TFG wouldn't want to be re-paid on change of ownership. It was the same terms for the MSP loan which was also a requirement of the Premier League.

TFG may be willing to neogiate with a new owner and allow them to continue on the same terms with repayment next year. However, i expect the Premier League would want that loan re-paying in any case as they did with the MSP loan.

None of that is mutually exclusive

You can have a great stadium (IMHO it's too small) but be unable to take advantage of that being in the Championship
I agree about it being to small, but to act like it could make a difference, was ridiculous imo to small or not it will
Make a huge difference going forward

I agree about it being to small, but to act like it could make a difference, was ridiculous imo to small or not it will
Make a huge difference going forward

Television revenues are about 2/3 of our revenues, the impact of the stadium pales in comparison to PL status.

But this isn’t about 1 season

Neither are PL revenues which only increase year over year.

It's also an assumption to think it would only be one year...

Teams like Villa and Newcastle are outliers that didn't have our debt load, and are backed by real money which we don't have. PL survival is vital.

Neither are PL revenues which only increase year over year.

It's also an assumption to think it would only be one year...

Teams like Villa and Newcastle are outliers that didn't have our debt load, and are backed by real money which we don't have. PL survival is vital.
They weren’t backed by real money when they went down, if Leicester, Burnley, Southampton can sell half their teams and bounce back im pretty sure we would.

They weren’t backed by real money when they went down, if Leicester, Burnley, Southampton can sell half their teams and bounce back im pretty sure we would.

Burnley went right back down, Southampton looks like they will and Leicester has a worse squad right now than the one that went down.

There's never been a bigger gulf between the PL and the Championship than there is now.

Villa got new ownership that led them back to the PL. And say what you want about Mike Ashley, but he didn't put 650 million of debt onto Newcastle.

We will not be able to service that debt in the Championship.

See I heard him make that point but thought you could argue it differently- in some respects the stadium would make *more* of a difference in the championship, where less of the money is centrally generated tv money and the differentiator is more what you can generate yourself. Evertonians will fill it regardless and arguably it the worst happens the extra revenue becomes even more vital in terms of bouncing back.

See I heard him make that point but thought you could argue it differently- in some respects the stadium would make *more* of a difference in the championship, where less of the money is centrally generated tv money and the differentiator is more what you can generate yourself. Evertonians will fill it regardless and arguably it the worst happens the extra revenue becomes even more vital in terms of bouncing back.

Unfortunately I think we need the PL revenue to service the debt of the stadium.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back