John Textor

This is part of it certainly. Either way they get results and they aren’t overly concerned with the financial side of things. As others have said though, I don’t think they are a realistic target unless they actually make a bid which doesn’t seem likely. I’m also not convinced Moshiri isn’t just fishing for more financial backing until the stadium is completed. It’s a mess.

What game Moshiri is playing I honestly have no idea mate.

It's another of many reasons I want him gone ASAP

If sanctions were lifted on Usmanov tomorrow, do we think Moshiri would still want to sell the club?

They’re not going to be lifted tomorrow, or any time in the foreseeable future. Even if the war ended tomorrow, which it won’t, sanctions won’t just be dropped overnight. They’ll be in place probably until long after Usmanov has shuffled off this mortal coil.

They’re not going to be lifted tomorrow, or any time in the foreseeable future. Even if the war ended tomorrow, which it won’t, sanctions won’t just be dropped overnight. They’ll be in place probably until long after Usmanov has shuffled off this mortal coil.

Not the question though.

The motivation of the question is around the motivation to sell.

We don't know what their expectations of sanctions are, or how long they'd last.

Second guessing expectations/people of that wealth and status isn't simple.

If sanctions were lifted on Usmanov tomorrow, do we think Moshiri would still want to sell the club?
Yes. Whatever Moshiri’s reasons for buying us in the first place, I don’t think a love of our club was one of them.

If he didn’t want out, he would have structured the debts a bit more securely than through a rolling list of dodgy yanks. After all, he’s supposed to be an accountant.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back