John Textor

Utd fans hate the Glazers far more and they are still around mate.

Outside of a few lost souls on forums and social media platforms, most Evertonians don't mind the Mosh, truth be told.

Just look at all the protests, sit ins, marches, demo's of the last 20 odd years - aimed at Bill Kenwright, the board, former EFC managers, Richard Masters + the Premier League.

None specifically aimed at Moshiri other than the odd sign/bedsheet 'ere and there.

IMG_0859.webp

IMG_0860.webp

IMG_0861.webp

A man and his dog out of how many Evertonians around the world ?

They dont speak for me. I'll always be grateful for the fantastic new stadium he's delivered us.

Having said that however, if sanctions on Usmanov continue, then I think its in everyones best interests that he sells up... however none of these Yank shysters currently sniffing around the club will do anything positive for us.

We need a game changing takeover.

If sanctions were lifted on Usmanov tomorrow, do we think Moshiri would still want to sell the club?
If the war in Ukraine finished tomorrow then I do think Moshiri/Usmanov would certainly keep the club. I think at that point there would be no point in denying that Usmanov was the power broker and as soon as possible he would involve himself in the ownership of the company.

The stadium is all but built , Usmanov could buy some or all of the shares from Moshiri , inject equity into the company to pay off loans which would probably be a PL requirement and then he is firmly in charge of a debt free club with a new stadium.

I think people would be surprised at how quickly restrictions on Russian oligarchs and on Russian trade would be lifted. Ultimately the ability to earn money is what drives these decisions.

I really would not be surprised if the continuing delay in the sale of the company is a tactic to stretch it as long as possible to either see the war finish or get an investor that will work with Usmanov at some future date.

They dont speak for me. I'll always be grateful for the fantastic new stadium he's delivered us.

Having said that however, if sanctions on Usmanov continue, then I think its in everyones best interests that he sells up... however none of these Yank shysters currently sniffing around the club will do anything positive for us.

A man and his dog , where have we heard that before about protests.

I don’t think they will ever claim to speak for you. For all the abuse they took at the very least they had a point and went out there to show it for the truth that it is.

Of course you know all this but you would rather play the soft arse and are more interested in winding up Everton fans.

That you Graeme? 🖕

If the war in Ukraine finished tomorrow then I do think Moshiri/Usmanov would certainly keep the club. I think at that point there would be no point in denying that Usmanov was the power broker and as soon as possible he would involve himself in the ownership of the company.

The stadium is all but built , Usmanov could buy some or all of the shares from Moshiri , inject equity into the company to pay off loans which would probably be a PL requirement and then he is firmly in charge of a debt free club with a new stadium.

I think people would be surprised at how quickly restrictions on Russian oligarchs and on Russian trade would be lifted. Ultimately the ability to earn money is what drives these decisions.

I really would not be surprised if the continuing delay in the sale of the company is a tactic to stretch it as long as possible to either see the war finish or get an investor that will work with Usmanov at some future date.

Have a feeling you'd be right.

If the Ukraine war ends, sanctions will likely be ended as per a peace agreement settlement.

I was convinced Moshiri wanted to sell the club, but following TFG debacle, I am starting to come around to the theory of him waiting for the war to end.

Usmanov would come in and pay off debts to TFG/777, reinstate the sponsors and give us a big naming rights deal for BMD. We would want for nothing financially.

As much as I dislike Donald Trump, if he gets in then that war likely ends sooner rather than later.

I think he would pause the sale "process" in that scenario and re-assess.

A Trump presidency may bring the prospect of a peace agreement between Russia and Ukraine closer.
If there is a Peace it will have to be a lasting meaningful peace and not a hasty 'peace any cost' leaves a bad taste peace
But that said there's also no such thing as a bad Peace and the sooner the better.
It won't be a case of peace on Monday - Sanctions lifted on Tuesday, It never happens that way - it will be years down the track as an oh by the way thing

Not going to comment on the political or moral elements to that, just in my view some forced resolution on Ukraine is more likely under Trump. I don't think the reconciliation of Russia in a business and economic context, at least, would be much of an issue.

In that scenario lifting of sanctions would have to be on the table. It must surely be something which is being considered given the proximity of the US election and he is probably very unlikely to sell in the next few months anyway.

Even if all that unfolded we still need Moshiri out. He has proven beyond doubt that he is incapable of running a football club. Short of basking in the light of the new stadium, and that will wear off, there can't be much more left in it for him longer-term.

I do think he wants to stay until he can recoup more of his/their cash back though. We'll have an answer on the election at least in mere weeks.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back