John Textor

Definitely...too much ill feeling between him and the fans.

Utd fans hate the Glazers far more and they are still around mate.

Outside of a few lost souls on forums and social media platforms, most Evertonians don't mind the Mosh, truth be told.

Just look at all the protests, sit ins, marches, demo's of the last 20 odd years - aimed at Bill Kenwright, the board, former EFC managers, Richard Masters + the Premier League.

None specifically aimed at Moshiri other than the odd sign/bedsheet 'ere and there.

Utd fans hate the Glazers far more and they are still around mate.

Outside of a few lost souls on forums and social media platforms, most Evertonians don't mind the Mosh, truth be told.

Just look at all the protests, sit ins, marches, demo's of the last 20 odd years - aimed at Bill Kenwright, the board, former EFC managers, Masters + the PL.

None specifically aimed at Moshiri other than the odd sign/bedsheet 'ere and there.
Are you high?

Are you high?

Arsenal fans have protested at Kroenke

Utd fans have protested against the Glazers

Newcastle fans protested against Mike Ashley

We protested against Bill Kenwright

Moshiri has never been a primary subject of fan protest.

People read a handful of comments on forums and twitter from the same pub bores and naively believe those people speak for the hundreds of thousands of Evertonians across the land.

They dont.

If sanctions were lifted on Usmanov tomorrow, do we think Moshiri would still want to sell the club?
I think he would pause the sale "process" in that scenario and re-assess.

A Trump presidency may bring the prospect of a peace agreement between Russia and Ukraine closer. Not going to comment on the political or moral elements to that, just in my view some forced resolution on Ukraine is more likely under Trump. I don't think the reconciliation of Russia in a business and economic context, at least, would be much of an issue.

In that scenario lifting of sanctions would have to be on the table. It must surely be something which is being considered given the proximity of the US election and he is probably very unlikely to sell in the next few months anyway.

Even if all that unfolded we still need Moshiri out. He has proven beyond doubt that he is incapable of running a football club. Short of basking in the light of the new stadium, and that will wear off, there can't be much more left in it for him longer-term.

I do think he wants to stay until he can recoup more of his/their cash back though. We'll have an answer on the election at least in mere weeks.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back