John Textor

As I bored everyone who said the same about 777 - out of the frying pan into the fire.

Just a stable owner please...
All due respect boss, but I dont think you're considering how stable owner is going to negatively effect the forum traffic.
Get a quiet professional at Everton running it as a proper business, and you'll find it impossible to shift those jigsaw puzzles.

At least Textor gave the ‘ official channels ‘ of our clown emporium a prod. I thought they’d atrophied through lack of use.
Moshiri ain’t selling to anyone.
He’s messing with our heads.
Increasing bored and tired of this tedious clown 🤡 show.

Strategically they can be the only answers mate. Hes selling an awful lot at the moment - his Palace Stake and the Eagle Football Group as a proposition ahead of an IPO. So i thought it was interesting he named checked the current Palace shareholders and detailed the number of interested parties and timelines for that deal - i think that was designed to put the squeeze on that end of things.

Secondly he named checked every club in the group, Lyon, Botfogo etc. Then teased the progress of the deal in us - to add value and credibility probably to the overall offering ahead of an IPO of the footballing group even if we aren't part of it. Creates the atmosphere of a dynamic, progressive, growing group, you'd be interested in investing in - with loads of good news about what happens next. Yet covered himself by saying that nothing is guaranteed. So great advertisement and covering his back just enough in publicising the IPO.

Thirdly it prob puts a bit of a spotlight on the PL and Moshiri, in three weeks we'll all understandably go "hasn't it all gone quiet" and want Moshiri to make a statement or give an update. He shared a lot of deadlines in public that creates a lot of public deadlines for others. So giving the whole process a kick. Equally if there are issues with the fit and proper persons test or conditions - there will be frustration with he PL. All on notice.

If you take strategy our of it, i didn't like an awful lot of what he had to say, hes not going to start of giving bad news for a start - i want to hear about how hes funding the club, whose investing and whats he doing about the debt - before i want to hear about January targets, new managers and players from Botafogo. That part was to hook the masses - telling them what they want to hear with no meat on the bone.

Lastly instinctively, i dont like his style or approach or how he came across. I got the impression of a fella who is going to stick his nose into picking players, picking teams and tactics etc - doesn't work and just creates instability - we've already gone through a measure of that and also fan chairmen (he had to mention Jake O'Brien). Secondly i sighed when i saw a big headline interview, we dont want another quick to the media, headbanger, reactive owner -we've just had one. We want someone who is quietly going to put the appropriate structures in place for the Footballing Dept to thrive and show good governance, effective leadership and generate and provide the resources and support needed for the Footballing Dept succeed - i want to be able walk past the owner on the street and not know or care who they are. That's not this fella and i get bad vibes and think instinctively he's going to be reactive and lead to instability - the last thing we need.

Lastly i didn't like him talking about Botafogo players coming here - name checking them - thats very disrespectful to both to Botfaogo and our existing management and recruitment team - you might say fine - if we benefit. But he's abandoned Palace when things haven't gone his way, was willing to strip Lyon and so it seems Botfaogo of players to meet our needs - what happens if one day we become the Lyon, Palace or Botafogo.

I thought it was also very poor that he name checked Dyche and talked about future engagement even the type of conversation they could or would have - why does that need to be in public - hugely disrespectful and lacking in dignity.

As i say i get instinctively bad vibes here., reactive, loose cannon, who is 100% going to interfere were he shouldn't, is my instinctive impression.
I would have been extremely worried if he ever managed to get control at Palace, that’s the truth. I will remain grateful that his initial investment kickstarted our rebuild that summer we signed Guehi, Olise and co (God knows where we’d be now without it) but I’m not a fan of the way he operates at all, reminds me of a few of my former American bosses.

All due respect boss, but I dont think you're considering how stable owner is going to negatively effect the forum traffic.
Get a quiet professional at Everton running it as a proper business, and you'll find it impossible to shift those jigsaw puzzles.

It would help enormously mate.

I dare send an email or spam social timelines to buy anything after Everton lose.

Last season I waited to launch a product until we won a game - ended up going 8 weeks.

presumably they would need permission from the owner, a certain Mr Moshiri

he wants to get rid of the club, he would probably take any money he can and Netflix would offer millions

Honestly mate I don’t believe they would ever allow them to film such a thing. If they did, it would be heavily censored/controlled. Anything other than that would prove the critics in the fan base correct and they know it.

I don’t think Thewell has done much wrong to warrant being sent packing tbh.
Given the constraints and the horror show he inherited, it’s hard to fault him.
Of course there’s been a couple of iffy ones, every club has them, but even then he seems to have dealt with them reasonably well.

Anyway - ffs sign a right back sweet potato nose.
Agreed, I think if(as it looks) Ndiaye, Tim and OBrien all work out, new ownership will not be keeping him on. It would mean he has signed Ndiaye, Tim, Obrien, Onana, Garner, Gana, Tarkowski, and Chermiti(who just started looking good prior to injury). You basically just have the duds of Maupay and Beto, and we all know he had to choose Beto because we had no money. If we signed 3 good players for every dud we would be in Europe.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back