John Textor

My concerns with Textor.

• He talks too much and he talks to the wrong outlets - reminds me of Moshiri with Jim White.

• Meddling. Who is he to be telling DOF who they'll sign and managers who they should play? He's doing this publicly on social media, and in prepared interviews.

• Multi club model. I recognise the benefits, but he seems directly involved/key decisions and his time isn't infinite.

• He evidently feels Everton is above him and despite being 90% confident of taking over, he admits he still thinks a better person can come in. If he thinks that, shouldn't we?

• He was still trying to buy Crystal Palace with new offers after agreeing to exclusivity with Moshiri/Everton. He then issued what was, in my view, a prompt, misleading statement afterwards to deflect.

• What he says, doesn't translate to what his actions are. Just one example - in March this year; "I don't want to run [Palace] one day. I don't even like running the clubs I have"

Post of the day. At least some people aren't just sitting there lapping up media statements and mere words

clap clap clap clap clap (as per the Kenwright era) 🙄

No. You're just trying to tell me how I can interact with GOT

Not bothered. Don't care. What you have to say.

GOT is spot on in everything he's said.

I really wasn't, my mate, not even close.

You just seem to spend an inordinate amount of time on here espousing your self-aggrandizing propaganda.

Happy to educate you on investments again if you want, I won't bear any grudges if you want to repeat what I said later whilst passing it off as your own.

DamoGoogle.

FWIW my prediction is that he will complete the deal for Everton right near the end of his exclusivity period with you. He is desperate to sell his Palace stake - everybody knows it - and despite what he says publicly I don’t foresee too many other businessmen will be queueing up to pay a premium for a 45% stake in a business they have very little control over. The logical thing to do for anyone interested is to wait for as long as possible so he’s over a barrel as November rolls around. Harris, Blitzer and Parish will eventually buy him out for very little return on his investment, that’s what I expect to happen.

Just thinking about it generally…that he’s even commenting publicly on another club whilst still owning ours isn’t great really, is it? Even moreso when he’s passing comment on the staff and setup at the other football club. Pretty disrespectful on both ends actually.

I dont think the deal completes. I also agree, the conduct hasn't been very good.

I really wasn't, my mate, not even close.

You just seem to spend an inordinate amount of time on here espousing your self-aggrandizing propaganda.

Happy to educate you on investments again if you want, I won't bear any grudges if you want to repeat what I said later whilst passing it off as your own.

DamoGoogle.

No. You're trying to be funny and failing miserably with stupid comments like this below

Pathetic

Mate, he isn't going to kiss you.

Ahh, you're into the shame game then.

I getcha.

You'll not stifle my conversation, so don't even try.

If I want to say someone's made a good post. I will.

He's absolutely 1000000% spot on

My concerns with Textor.

• He talks too much and he talks to the wrong outlets - reminds me of Moshiri with Jim White.

• Meddling. Who is he to be telling DOF who they'll sign and managers who they should play? He's doing this publicly on social media, and in prepared interviews.

• Multi club model. I recognise the benefits, but he seems directly involved/key decisions and his time isn't infinite.

• He evidently feels Everton is above him and despite being 90% confident of taking over, he admits he still thinks a better person can come in. If he thinks that, shouldn't we?

• He was still trying to buy Crystal Palace with new offers after agreeing to exclusivity with Moshiri/Everton. He then issued what was, in my view, a prompt, misleading statement afterwards to deflect.

• What he says, doesn't translate to what his actions are. Just one example - in March this year; "I don't want to run [Palace] one day. I don't even like running the clubs I have"

….when this bloke was first reportedly granted ‘exclusivity’ I asked if your main grievance was that he hasn’t sold his Palace shares and you said it was.

As GOT has said there are plenty of issues

Yes, my main "grievance" was he still owns shares in Crystal Palace.

That doesn't mean there isn't other concerns. Because as DD highlights there are plenty.

No potential owner should think they're coming into this club and getting a "free ride" either. We're NOT going back to the Bill Kenwright era. Full stop

My concerns with Textor.

As GOT has said there are plenty of issues

Yes, my main "grievance" was he still owns shares in Crystal Palace.

That doesn't mean there isn't other concerns. Because as DD highlights there are plenty.

No potential owner should think they're coming into this club and getting a "free ride" either. We're NOT going back to the Bill Kenwright era. Full stop

Yet anyone who moaned about Moshiri's performance in the first few months of the takeover got slated by you because he needed to be given a chance.

Shall we remind you of the posts you done.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back