John Textor

It is but "not being Moshiri" isn't enough.

I agree it's not just enough, "by not being Moshiri". But what it seems to me is, firstly he's rich enough and he's got a couple of seriously rich backers as well. He is running a multi club model, so he has experience of running football clubs, unlike Moshiri. And he seems he really wants to run Everton, unlike my original choice Friedkin, who it now seems Everton were a passing fad. He has laid out his ambitions, not just a top 8 club, he wants silverware and I wouldn't mind taking a chance on Textor at all. What have we had now five failed takeovers, we are scraping the bottom of the barrel.

I agree it's not just enough, "by not being Moshiri". But what it seems to me is, firstly he's rich enough and he's got a couple of seriously rich backers as well. He is running a multi club model, so he has experience of running football clubs, unlike Moshiri. And he seems he really wants to run Everton, unlike my original choice Friedkin, who it now seems Everton were a passing fad. He has laid out his ambitions, not just a top 8 club, he wants silverware and I wouldn't mind taking a chance on Textor at all. What have we had now five failed takeovers, we are scraping the bottom of the barrel.
Agree with all of that. I’m in for the ride.

1. "recklessness" they called it over FFP/PSR again. Bad judgement

2. He put more money in than Bill Kenwright ever did

3. Again. Bad judgement.

4. Wrong, because of Moshiri's catastrophic bad judgement. You're not telling me anything I don't already know here. I kicked off - check the vaults - when he started to allow staff he was involved in appointing sign players like Ashley Williams for stupid money

Again, Moomin thinks he's really clever and really funny quoting things from 8 years ago. Comments in response to calls of Moshiri being a "fraud". He's not a fraud. He's an idiot. There's a difference. History has proven it.

Moomin is just boring everyone with the same old stuff. He's posted the same posts in multiple threads over the past few months because there's something wrong with him. I'm bored with it. 😴

This was last year.

It helps if you actually understand what you are reading and the right sections @Efcjake

This shall be my final post on GOT given the behaviour of individuals on here like @Bluelenny1984. It's not a friendly helpful forum. As evidenced by the chain of posts yesterday. It's an aggressive unhelpful place and on that basis I'm departing GOT permanently.

However, before I disappear I just wanted to be clear that when I was referring to outright/full takeover I was meaning that about more than one club persistently in European completion. Or in the Premier League. Because its relevant as explained below.

1. Premier League fit and proper person rules prohibit ownership of more than 30% in more than one "club" anywhere. It's been the rule since 2004.

2. UEFA rules prohibit ownership of more than 49.9% in more than one club in UEFA competition (Champions League and Europa League). This was challenged in the European courts and held up by the courts at a 49.9% limit.

These things have been known about for years. Seeing as your so good with Google go look it up.

Now you claim to have "wexxed" me.

It does help @Efcjake if you actually read and quote the right sections of the Premier League rulebook.

Why are you quoting the "Directors test" section? I know you're probably more familiar with Canadian sports but before quoting at least make sure you quote the right sections. 🙄 Particularly if claiming you've "wexxed" someone.

It is a fact. If 777 wish to buy >30% of Everton they will need to sell down to 30% in every other club they presently own. Same for MSP.

Here's the relevant rulebook sections you didn't read

View attachment 209403
View attachment 209404
View attachment 209405
Owners test section:
View attachment 209406

The Premier League has since 2004, prohibited individuals owning more than 30% of any "club" (lower case). That's club. Anywhere in any League. Not just in England.
View attachment 209407

777 and/or MSP will if seeking to own >30% of Everton Football Club need to sell their other club stakes down to 30%.

Those rules have only been in effect @Efcjake for almost 20 years. 🤷‍♂️

On that note. In my final GOT post. I wish I could say its been fun. Friendly. But it hasn't. Some of you really need to look at your behaviour. Goodbye.

1. "recklessness" they called it over FFP/PSR again. Bad judgement

2. He put more money in than Bill Kenwright ever did

3. Again. Bad judgement.

4. Wrong, because of Moshiri's catastrophic bad judgement. You're not telling me anything I don't already know here. I kicked off - check the vaults - when he started to allow staff he was involved in appointing sign players like Ashley Williams for stupid money

Again, Moomin thinks he's really clever and really funny quoting things from 8 years ago. Comments in response to calls of Moshiri being a "fraud". He's not a fraud. He's an idiot. There's a difference. History has proven it.

Moomin is just boring everyone with the same old stuff. He's posted the same posts in multiple threads over the past few months because there's something wrong with him. I'm bored with it. 😴

I’m not having a go at you Damo, far from it, but you did get the Moshiri call wrong.

I hope if Textor takes over he shows better judgement than Moshiri has.

I’m not having a go at you Damo, far from it, but you did get the Moshiri call wrong.

I hope if Textor takes over he shows better judgement than Moshiri has.

I've never said I didn't. But he's not a "fraud". He's an "idiot"

Unfortunately there is a culture in this fanbase of just accepting things and some trying to silence others. Moomin does it thinking he's really funny. Or tries to.

He's doing it in the Textor/takeover thread. It's cultural and says everything about where we are and what this fanbase is like.

I've never said I didn't. But he's not a "fraud". He's an "idiot"

Unfortunately there is a culture in this fanbase of just accepting things and some trying to silence others. Moomin does it thinking he's really funny. Or tries to.

He's doing it in the Textor/takeover thread. It's cultural and says everything about where we are and what this fanbase is like.

Pretty sure you was the person who would criticise KEIOC and then at a later stage the likes of Blue Union and insult these fan groups.

Change the record 😴

Screenshot_20240720_205839_Chrome.webp
Screenshot_20240719_072652_Chrome.webp
Screenshot_20240719_072615_Chrome.webp
Screenshot_20240714_211758_Chrome.webp
Screenshot_20240714_211358_Chrome.webp
Screenshot_20240714_185949_Chrome.webp
Screenshot_20240714_185917_Chrome.webp
Screenshot_20240714_185851_Chrome.webp

We all thought Moshiri would be great.

He would have been if he did what most were saying.

Change the board/cronyism that infested the club.

Allow professionals to do their job.

Often felt if he got Monchi as he initially wanted whether we'd be in another place but now think no matter who was in place he'd have meddled.
For me, Any optimism I held was quickly extinguished when I learned he was retaining Kenwright's services as chairman. Clear indication nothing was going intrinsically change in the competency of how we operated as a club. I was wary of his reign despite the ambitious claims , I didn't know it would of been this catastrophic

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back