John Textor

Lyon ....

Ok he made massive changes at the club. Sone good some bad some both.

Manager, he sacked Blanc - replaced him with Grosso - sacked him after 7 games after the manager had a weird meltdown with the players were he demanded they go to Textor to ask him to sack him - absolutely comical what happened, replaced him with the academy coach as temp manager who turned the season around - have him a 2 year contract this summer. (Bad appointment, good decision on the next guy)

Replaced the sporting director who I think left on his own, literally sacked the new guy last week citing his inability to move on high earners who weren't featuring for the team anymore as the main reason. (So bad appointment, good decision to not persist)

CEO I know he got rid of the mong time president after they fell out - think he was also the prior owner (bad as the guy was long term Lyon, good as the guy was apparently undermining Textor on the sly - shades of blue bill)
Come on. It’s 2024. We’ve moved on from this language.

As I said boring people to death 😴

Moshiri had all the finance to take Everton up a level and spent it on players like Ashley Williams etc and kept Bill Kenwright at the club. All his mistakes.

Boring as it's been covered over the past 8 years

You said trust him spending our money.

Screenshot_20240912_192349_Gallery.webp
Screenshot_20240912_192506_Gallery.webp
Screenshot_20240912_192545_Gallery.webp

My concerns with Textor.

• He talks too much and he talks to the wrong outlets - reminds me of Moshiri with Jim White.

• Meddling. Who is he to be telling DOF who they'll sign and managers who they should play? He's doing this publicly on social media, and in prepared interviews.

• Multi club model. I recognise the benefits, but he seems directly involved/key decisions and his time isn't infinite.

• He evidently feels Everton is above him and despite being 90% confident of taking over, he admits he still thinks a better person can come in. If he thinks that, shouldn't we?

• He was still trying to buy Crystal Palace with new offers after agreeing to exclusivity with Moshiri/Everton. He then issued what was, in my view, a prompt, misleading statement afterwards to deflect.

• What he says, doesn't translate to what his actions are. Just one example - in March this year; "I don't want to run [Palace] one day. I don't even like running the clubs I have"
U.S.A.
U.S.A.
U.S.A.

Also have you started manufacturing the blue M.E.G.A caps with GoT branding yet?

You said trust him spending our money.

Same comment as earlier.

You're boring me and lots of people with the same thing over and over. 😴

As I said boring people to death 😴

Moshiri had all the finance to take Everton up a level and spent it on players like Ashley Williams etc and kept Bill Kenwright at the club. All his mistakes.

Boring as it's been covered over the past 8 years

Has any club ever gone through so much disastrous PR regarding investments and takeover in such a short period of time?

This blagger hasn’t even sold his own shares to try and buy another club yet, and he’s clearly trying to rattle Moshiri publicly with today’s embarrassing statement, if you have got the money, shut up and buy the fella out.

I know lots you don't know as well and? 😂😂

Did you know about this rule??

It helps if you actually understand what you are reading and the right sections @Efcjake

This shall be my final post on GOT given the behaviour of individuals on here like @Bluelenny1984. It's not a friendly helpful forum. As evidenced by the chain of posts yesterday. It's an aggressive unhelpful place and on that basis I'm departing GOT permanently.

However, before I disappear I just wanted to be clear that when I was referring to outright/full takeover I was meaning that about more than one club persistently in European completion. Or in the Premier League. Because its relevant as explained below.

1. Premier League fit and proper person rules prohibit ownership of more than 30% in more than one "club" anywhere. It's been the rule since 2004.

2. UEFA rules prohibit ownership of more than 49.9% in more than one club in UEFA competition (Champions League and Europa League). This was challenged in the European courts and held up by the courts at a 49.9% limit.

These things have been known about for years. Seeing as your so good with Google go look it up.

Now you claim to have "wexxed" me.

It does help @Efcjake if you actually read and quote the right sections of the Premier League rulebook.

Why are you quoting the "Directors test" section? I know you're probably more familiar with Canadian sports but before quoting at least make sure you quote the right sections. 🙄 Particularly if claiming you've "wexxed" someone.

It is a fact. If 777 wish to buy >30% of Everton they will need to sell down to 30% in every other club they presently own. Same for MSP.

Here's the relevant rulebook sections you didn't read

View attachment 209403
View attachment 209404
View attachment 209405
Owners test section:
View attachment 209406

The Premier League has since 2004, prohibited individuals owning more than 30% of any "club" (lower case). That's club. Anywhere in any League. Not just in England.
View attachment 209407

777 and/or MSP will if seeking to own >30% of Everton Football Club need to sell their other club stakes down to 30%.

Those rules have only been in effect @Efcjake for almost 20 years. 🤷‍♂️

On that note. In my final GOT post. I wish I could say its been fun. Friendly. But it hasn't. Some of you really need to look at your behaviour. Goodbye.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back