John Textor

I didn’t regard anything he said as undermining the manager or players , I consider it a gross exaggeration to say he did .
Mind you I’d love to undermine this manager right out of our club . He’s a horror show .
Anyway Moshiri clearly isn’t selling to anyone , he and the corrupt shyster’s around him like Chong are just playing games with our club for their own purposes.
What a mess we are.
The only reason that ball bag Textor got traction for his words is that he undermined the manager and thereby chimed in with a lot of blow hards who want Dyche out.

His statement did Everton FC no favours whatsoever. It was just some ugly American talking trash about my club.

See what you mean but there are a lot of things in place at present that need changing quickly that have put us in the position we are now
Yeah, the are. I trust him he doesn't want Everton to be a plaything.

There will be an upheaval in the team we have 12 players next season to be in (Branthwaite) to be sold.

Keane, Doucoure, Coleman, DCL, Young, Harrison (loan), Gueye are expiring, that means 6 players that have played more or less a role in the first eleven (3 of them are not good enough anymore (Keane, Young, Coleman), Gueye is yet a questionmark whether to keep for another season, DCL (wage is questionable to keep him) and Harrison (loan, I would spent money on someone that is close to 30).

Pickford, Mykolenko, Tarks, O Brien, Branthwaite, Garner, Tim, Patterson, Beto, McNeil, Ndiaye, Chermiti. I see them all to be good enough to be part of the future project. However also Pickford and Tarkowski don't get younger.

Myb, Mangala, Broja and Lindström have a chance of being taking over, when they show good performances. But buying all of these 3 players would mean probably mean 80m or more to spend. Dixon, Armstrong and Mills should get their chance, as well as Chermiti once he's back.

One point I can't believe that this club has suddenly enough funds again to spend -100 net spend which still would mean 0 net spend over the last 4 seasons. So decisions have to be wise. And this money must need to be spend.

This is my biggest worry, I know we move stadium which will increase the revenue and also have a pretty affordable wage bill now, but cash-flow surely not yet.

The big art will be not only getting players that can improve the club individually, but also are Not like Chelsea, where are lots of good individuals and potential world class players, but they don't fit together.

I see Everton as a transition phase, that might take 2-3 seasons to put together a good team, to implement a progressive flexible style.

There will be an upheaval in the team we have 12 players next season to be in (Branthwaite) to be sold.

Keane, Doucoure, Coleman, DCL, Young, Harrison (loan), Gueye are expiring, that means 6 players that have played more or less a role in the first eleven (3 of them are not good enough anymore (Keane, Young, Coleman), Gueye is yet a questionmark whether to keep for another season, DCL (wage is questionable to keep him) and Harrison (loan, I would spent money on someone that is close to 30).

Pickford, Mykolenko, Tarks, O Brien, Branthwaite, Garner, Tim, Patterson, Beto, McNeil, Ndiaye, Chermiti. I see them all to be good enough to be part of the future project. However also Pickford and Tarkowski don't get younger.

Myb, Mangala, Broja and Lindström have a chance of being taking over, when they show good performances. But buying all of these 3 players would mean probably mean 80m or more to spend. Dixon, Armstrong and Mills should get their chance, as well as Chermiti once he's back.

One point I can't believe that this club has suddenly enough funds again to spend -100 net spend which still would mean 0 net spend over the last 4 seasons. So decisions have to be wise. And this money must need to be spend.

This is my biggest worry, I know we move stadium which will increase the revenue and also have a pretty affordable wage bill now, but cash-flow surely not yet.

The big art will be not only getting players that can improve the club individually, but also are Not like Chelsea, where are lots of good individuals and potential world class players, but they don't fit together.

I see Everton as a transition phase, that might take 2-3 seasons to put together a good team, to implement a progressive flexible style.
My opinion i'd add Mykolenko, Garner, Patterson, Beto and Mcneil on the list of not good enough and I know we wont be losing 17 players in one hit

I agree with most of this, at the start of next season with the players that are left, that is a solid base to work from.

Our biggest issue is this manager, every Evertonian will tell you :-

a) he isn`t progressive, despite tunrover of players style is still exactly the same
b) isn`t good enough to be long term
c) should be gone at the end of the season

Why waste next season in this transition to a new manager, why don`t we take the chance to change now and the new manager can bed down his ideas and evaluate the squad before adding in January and then the rebuild next summer so we can hit the ground running at BMD next season.

It seems forward planning is still devoid in the club, what is the plan?

My opinion i'd add Mykolenko, Garner, Patterson, Beto and Mcneil on the list of not good enough and I know we wont be losing 17 players in one hit
Garner for me is a bit underrated, it's the squad player we need. A player that can play many positions, is not someone that is the most noticeable player on the pitch, but always solid. It's what I hoped that Young could add as well, but he didn't.

The rest long term have to go surely. But I will wait on them for the rest of the season, if they seem to continue like now, but especially Patterson and Beto haven't showed everything they could so far, there is more to them. They will most likely be here next season.

Spot on about who/what exactly?

Alan Myers saying fans should be patient about 777? I reckon Myers gets the piss taken out of him from the average Evertonian than anyone else. He's a comedy sketch. Sure there's a few who might hang on his every word but you've got a screw loose anyway (imo) if you use X

Far too many hang on the every word of Alan Myers and he plays on that.

The people giving him interviews or information play on it too.

This part is also correct. It is known the club/their PR people were briefing these "influencers" the very same talking points re: 777 Partners

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back