John Textor

I agree with most of this, at the start of next season with the players that are left, that is a solid base to work from.

Our biggest issue is this manager, every Evertonian will tell you :-

a) he isn`t progressive, despite tunrover of players style is still exactly the same
b) isn`t good enough to be long term
c) should be gone at the end of the season

Why waste next season in this transition to a new manager, why don`t we take the chance to change now and the new manager can bed down his ideas and evaluate the squad before adding in January and then the rebuild next summer so we can hit the ground running at BMD next season.

It seems forward planning is still devoid in the club, what is the plan?
Get your point.

I gave him some time for this season, as the last season ended well (I would have sacked him at the end of March personally), but then overall he reached a good enough points-tally.

Yes, the Bournemouth game was a two minded things.

First 80 min for me were like eureka effect, this is what we can play, Dyche can make us play direct football. We haven't seen that in many games unfortunately. Then the manager wouldn't be an issue now. But the manager again not reacting to changing circumstances was one part that costed the game and makes him a problem.

We're in a relegation fight. I doubt too many Everton supporters would agree with you that we're not.
It's far too early to talk about a relegation fight, for us or any other club.

Regarding Textor, as far as I am concerned it was an American being an American. Lots of positive spin but no real content.
I am surprised that we didn't hear that everything about Everton was AWESOME.

I don't think he was critical of the manager, he posed the question that if he takes over then we will have money to spend on different types of players coming from all over the world and that the manager needs to able to use properly these players... this is not an unreasonable thing to say and is something Sean Dyche will have to deal with.

Sean Dyche as a manager has never had a big budget to work with and we have seen over the last few years how badly wrong it can go when huge amounts are wasted on the wrong players.

Absolutely spot on this:

Exactly this, some of these Everton fan channels are also parroting a clause in Dyche has in his contract, allegedly, whereas he will be due a years salary on top of the rest of his contract if sacked.

This was never heard of until the point that the sack him shouts became defeaning, then this is put out by these "influencers". I doubt this is true but the club is putting it out to these people and the wider fanbase so alot of fans think we can`t afford to sack him.

1) I doubt this clause exists
2) It is propaganda put out by the club which is now getting parroted
3) Dyche Out

But these channels do it to ensure they keep their access.

Exactly this, some of these Everton fan channels are also parroting a clause in Dyche has in his contract, allegedly, whereas he will be due a years salary on top of the rest of his contract if sacked.

This was never heard of until the point that the sack him shouts became defeaning, then this is put out by these "influencers". I doubt this is true but the club is putting it out to these people and the wider fanbase so alot of fans think we can`t afford to sack him.

1) I doubt this clause exists
2) It is propaganda put out by the club which is now getting parroted
3) Dyche Out

But these channels do it to ensure they keep their access.

We all know who they are. Mentions no names

Separately, over 777 Partners. Alan Myers showed himself right up on how he behaved

I'll never trust him again.

Far too many hang on the every word of Alan Myers and he plays on that.

The people giving him interviews or information play on it too.

This part is also correct. It is known the club/their PR people were briefing these "influencers" the very same talking points re: 777 Partners

Like I said, people who are on X I find very bizarre. That's Myers platform and that's where desperate people go to play.

In the real world, I don't know one person who says "did you see what Myers said today" and on here he is basically just laughed at.

So, who are the other influencers you mention who work for the club and spun 777 in a positive light?

Regarding Textor, as far as I am concerned it was an American being an American. Lots of positive spin but no real content.

I don't think he was critical of the manager, he posed the question that if he takes over then we will have money to spend on different types of players coming from all over the world and that the manager needs to able to use properly these players... this is not an unreasonable thing to say and is something Sean Dyche will have to deal with.

Sean Dyche as a manager has never had a big budget to work with and we have seen over the last few years how badly wrong it can go when huge amounts are wasted on the wrong players.
I do think he knows more than Boehly about football.

I like the Bournemouth president tho, he seems to have a clear plan and vision.

But the whole thing was completely inappropriate.

He's in negotiations with Moshiri - as many other have been - and that's the extent of his involvement.

It's had the effect where the club have had to make a statement about his words not being representative of the club on certain matters. That's destabilising.

Like I said, people who are on X I find very bizarre. That's Myers platform and that's where desperate people go to play.

In the real world, I don't know one person who says "did you see what Myers said today" and on here he is basically just laughed at.

So, who are the other influencers you mention who work for the club and spun 777 in a positive light?

I'm not saying their names, because if you say it three times they shall appear.

Literally.

I'm not saying their names, because if you say it three times they shall appear.

Literally.

But I don't know who you are talking about so why cant you just mention them? If they're members on here, I'll tag them in and ask them direct if you don't want to.

The majority of us on here are all adults so please do share these "influencers" and I'd be able to then make my own judgement on them.

But I don't know who you are talking about so why cant you just mention them? If they're members on here, I'll tag them in and ask them direct if you don't want to.

The majority of us on here are all adults so please do share these "influencers" and I'd be able to then make my own judgement on them.
Because he lives in his own head where he's the main character.

Yes some of them are members on here but also run their own sites and twitter accounts.

I'm not saying their names. it attracts them. People know who they are.

Yes some of them are members on here but also run their own sites and twitter accounts.

I'm not saying their names. it attracts them. People know who they are.

Just think of the phrase "give them time"

Then see which high profile "influencer" was saying that over the 777 Partners period

Can anyone on here confirm who these people are who Damo is talking about.

Can we call them out so we can ask them if they are influencers and are doing Evertons work on Evertons behalf.

What is indicated is happening concerning the ownership of Everton Football Club. It has been stated on this very forum incl. by @GrandOldTeam who cites the very words that were used 👇

"give them time" etc etc etc

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back