John Textor

It’s not though, is it? We’ve not suddenly changed from the club of the last three seasons, where we were consistently at the wrong end of the table.

Dyche did wonders last season, given all the off-the-pitch issues, but that massive winless run showed that we’re still a long way from being a safe club in this league.
We have a better squad this season, albeit with glaring weaknesses in a couple of positions.
Last season our points total brought us to 12th before deductions. We had a horrid start and then a bad run for a number of games but if not for the points deduction we would have been nowhere near the relegation zone for most of the season.

Every season is different but I think we will be mid table again this season.

Yeah, the are. I trust him he doesn't want Everton to be a plaything.

There will be an upheaval in the team we have 12 players next season to be in (Branthwaite) to be sold.

Keane, Doucoure, Coleman, DCL, Young, Harrison (loan), Gueye are expiring, that means 6 players that have played more or less a role in the first eleven (3 of them are not good enough anymore (Keane, Young, Coleman), Gueye is yet a questionmark whether to keep for another season, DCL (wage is questionable to keep him) and Harrison (loan, I would spent money on someone that is close to 30).

Pickford, Mykolenko, Tarks, O Brien, Branthwaite, Garner, Tim, Patterson, Beto, McNeil, Ndiaye, Chermiti. I see them all to be good enough to be part of the future project. However also Pickford and Tarkowski don't get younger.

Myb, Mangala, Broja and Lindström have a chance of being taking over, when they show good performances. But buying all of these 3 players would mean probably mean 80m or more to spend. Dixon, Armstrong and Mills should get their chance, as well as Chermiti once he's back.

One point I can't believe that this club has suddenly enough funds again to spend -100 net spend which still would mean 0 net spend over the last 4 seasons. So decisions have to be wise. And this money must need to be spend.

This is my biggest worry, I know we move stadium which will increase the revenue and also have a pretty affordable wage bill now, but cash-flow surely not yet.

The big art will be not only getting players that can improve the club individually, but also are Not like Chelsea, where are lots of good individuals and potential world class players, but they don't fit together.

I see Everton as a transition phase, that might take 2-3 seasons to put together a good team, to implement a progressive flexible style.

My guesswork is Lindstrom will be bought, Broja - depends if he stays fit, the other lad won't be bought.

We will definitely sell Branthwaite in the summer, depending on league position in January and how Broja and Chermiti are doing, then could see us moving DCL on as well (wouldn't rule out Doucoure either).

But say we end up with around 80m from sales total.
Then say Textor fully allows that to be invested. Wehs evto then figure out exactly how much they means we could spend in incomings - figuring the way we'd spread the cost over 2-3 seasons.

A lot would depend on if the projections are the club starts turning a profit in the new stadium over that period of time.

In theory you could see us spend 150-160m in the first transfer window (figuring 70-80 at most would be up front) question then is - is that enough even to fully flesh out a first team and capable bench from what we'd go into the summer with.

That's pretty much 7-10 players around the 15-25m price range.

Guessing the club really needs to hope Dixon, Armstrong, Chermiti, Mills all/most become fixtures around or in the first team tbh.

Scary to think with all the money Moshiri wasted, we are back to a situation that the club next summer realistically needs about 150-200m spent on it to just make it serviceable...

As I haven't stepped foot in Britain for over 11 years and likely won't ever again, the simple answer is no mate, why would I have been.

Lumping all migration into a 'its all the same' (be that pro or against) way of thinking though just ignores reality.

But anyways it's off topic so not the place
So a hypocrite as well as racist 👍

The only reason that ball bag Textor got traction for his words is that he undermined the manager and thereby chimed in with a lot of blow hards who want Dyche out.

His statement did Everton FC no favours whatsoever. It was just some ugly American talking trash about my club.
You are spouting hyperbolic nonsense purely for reaction once again .

We have a better squad this season, albeit with glaring weaknesses in a couple of positions.
Last season our points total brought us to 12th before deductions. We had a horrid start and then a bad run for a number of games but if not for the points deduction we would have been nowhere near the relegation zone for most of the season.

Every season is different but I think we will be mid table again this season.
Nice to see someone using the word 'Horrid' on a football site.. Well done! and thank you for brightening up my morning.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back