John Textor

I personally hope he takes over. I like his sound bites and believe he would be a thorn in the PL's side. I like straight talkers and like people who talk in a positive way about our Club. He seems to have the same ambitions of the fans, may work out but may not work out but I like the sound of him
Can't disagree with much of that. However I reckon he'll be on twitter telling some Everton fans to eff off, within about18 months.

yeah just confused how would work and who would let him do that to be sure he would be able to run the club like he has said. Not saying that you are wrong as it everton dont expect anything to be simple
I’m not saying I’m right either, it just seems to me that the more people/groups that are involved, the more shareholders there are who want some bang for their buck. In those circumstances, minority shareholders usually get fed last.

Yeah, the are. I trust him he doesn't want Everton to be a plaything.

There will be an upheaval in the team we have 12 players next season to be in (Branthwaite) to be sold.

Keane, Doucoure, Coleman, DCL, Young, Harrison (loan), Gueye are expiring, that means 6 players that have played more or less a role in the first eleven (3 of them are not good enough anymore (Keane, Young, Coleman), Gueye is yet a questionmark whether to keep for another season, DCL (wage is questionable to keep him) and Harrison (loan, I would spent money on someone that is close to 30).

Pickford, Mykolenko, Tarks, O Brien, Branthwaite, Garner, Tim, Patterson, Beto, McNeil, Ndiaye, Chermiti. I see them all to be good enough to be part of the future project. However also Pickford and Tarkowski don't get younger.

Myb, Mangala, Broja and Lindström have a chance of being taking over, when they show good performances. But buying all of these 3 players would mean probably mean 80m or more to spend. Dixon, Armstrong and Mills should get their chance, as well as Chermiti once he's back.

One point I can't believe that this club has suddenly enough funds again to spend -100 net spend which still would mean 0 net spend over the last 4 seasons. So decisions have to be wise. And this money must need to be spend.

This is my biggest worry, I know we move stadium which will increase the revenue and also have a pretty affordable wage bill now, but cash-flow surely not yet.

The big art will be not only getting players that can improve the club individually, but also are Not like Chelsea, where are lots of good individuals and potential world class players, but they don't fit together.

I see Everton as a transition phase, that might take 2-3 seasons to put together a good team, to implement a progressive flexible style.
@Zatara is that you ??

Aliya are pretty successful mate. It's hardly a two man band.
They have less than $1 billion under management. Twitter is their one huge swing, who knows if that will hit. It's a family shop that invests low 8 figure sums in start ups. He has real money behind Eagle Football Group, so far this is just not the same.

I’m not saying I’m right either, it just seems to me that the more people/groups that are involved, the more shareholders there are who want some bang for their buck. In those circumstances, minority shareholders usually get fed last.
Yeah just worry in a situtation like this ends up another chelsea situation people fighting for control if it has not worked out.

They have less than $1 billion under management. Twitter is their one huge swing, who knows if that will hit. It's a family shop that invests low 8 figure sums in start ups. He has real money behind Eagle Football Group, so far this is just not the same.

Their founding partner owns another company managing 2.5bn worth of investments.

Cheers Al!!

Jesus wept 🤦‍♂️

Wasn't "first reported" as Myers claimed

It was covered by Esk in his article yesterday

This isn't new news

1000005707.webp

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back