John Textor

An utter crock of crap that mate, brother looked ino it earlier and read the original story, said it was absolutely wafer-thin.

But it's Paul Brown who will throw anything out their to get clicks, regardless of it's source.

He's just forwarding an article, no clicks involved.

Having said that, looks like he did business with Russian oligarchs when it was legal. Now he doesn't. It's not exactly earth-shattering.

If we're ranking potential owners out of the 5 who were serious (I'm including Textor) he's squarely third behind TFG and MSP. If he actually takes the club over, it will be more relief than excitement.

Is he not not just citing the initial source mate. ;)

Oh ofc he is, but given he's likely going from a Google translate of what is a complicated story of interconnecting businesses I'm predicting he hasn't got a clue if it's interesting or not as he don't have understood hardly anything in there 😂

Then he throws in the many Lyon fans increasingly upset with his ownership, suggesting that Lyon fans are already upset and getting moreso on mass, making it appear linked to the cited story.

Not sure where he's getting that part from, not seen anything suggesting they are.

If mother Teresa was buying Everton. People would be slinging mud at her.
I'd be questioning where she got the finances.. I know there was loads going into her charity but she would hardly use that to buy a football club, that would be extreamly unethical and she'd be rightly have mud slung at her.

I always keep coming back to this quote from Moshiri over 777 Partners on 15 September 2023:

Moshiri:

View attachment 269861

I then come to the comments from Alan Myers on twitter with him saying "we need calm"

View attachment 269860

Its a cynical way of saying those raising concerns are hysterical and should be silent.

Basically, PR speak for "be quiet" if you raised concerns

I do feel the fanbase is constantly played by Moshiri and the execs within Everton Football Club. Continually.

This Textor thing, I feel we're all being played on too. The same things are happening again. Anyone raising questions or concerns seem to face attempts from some to silence them.

I feel our fanbase is being played continually.

I also listened to the previous-, and read the Colin Chong comments about the stadium yesterday. Don't wholly trust those comments either. I reckon we're all going to be bled dry by exorbitant price hikes that are over and above what we should have faced, but for the catastrophic manner the stadium has been financed. That people like Chong keep denying is the case, but WE KNOW IT IS THE CASE. Complete and utter joke. Its playing people and misleading the fanbase.

I find it interesting, the power of our fan lobby, see previous campaigns and against the PL - which i definitely believe had an influence - and how we haven't act5ivated that to its full force on Moshiri - hes always proved sensitive to fan sentiment in my opinion. Why haven't we? Is it mixed up with fear of BMD, is it because some feel hes was taken advantage of, is it fatigue, is it smoke and mirror's around - this new owner or that new owner possibly coming but never does.

We've been a husk of an empty vessel now for three years, enough is enough, we need to Unite and make the place absolutely toxic and hang him in the media. make him a desperate seller.

We cant continue to circle the drain and he messes around without any consequence and continuing to impact and harm the welfare of the club - sick of it now.

I find it interesting, the power of our fan lobby, see previous campaigns and against the PL - which i definitely believe had an influence - and how we haven't act5ivated that to its full force on Moshiri - hes always proved sensitive to fan sentiment in my opinion. Why haven't we? Is it mixed up with fear of BMD, is it because some feel hes was taken advantage of, is it fatigue, is it smoke and mirror's around - this new owner or that new owner possibly coming but never does.

We've been a husk of an empty vessel now for three years, enough is enough, we need to Unite and make the place absolutely toxic and hang him in the media. make him a desperate seller.

We cant continue to circle the drain and he messes around without any consequence and continuing to impact and harm the welfare of the club - sick of it now.
I doubt it'd matter the slightest mate, I'm pretty sure he doesn't even watch us on TV now never mind ever attend a game or even come to the country.

It'd be like pissing into the wind protesting.

I doubt it'd matter the slightest mate, I'm pretty sure he doesn't even watch us on TV now never mind ever attend a game or even come to the country.

It'd be like pissing into the wind protesting.

I dont think so personally mate, hes holding a negotiating space and looking to maximise a return, anything that can be done to undermine that position as in or force him to minimise his price or conidiations i think brings to bare, he also wont want media presence looking in the ownership of the club - a toxic environment for him creates the opportunity for others to go down that rabbit hole and the reputational damage can also influence other investors.

As far a si can see hes done just about enough to placate supporters and - i think there is clear piece meal attempts to keep the fans onside and or an agenda going on here of giving fans a treat then takin git away - why is doing that - to keep everyone onside.

I think the fans here are a powerful lobby.

It's a bit weird when that comprises 90 percent of their tweets...
Reckon an Evertonian who specializes in investigative football journalism might have an extra interest in what happens to the club but thats just me.

Suppose we can go down the conspiracy track though rather than the most basic answer that Moshiri is a moron who picks other bad owners to take over the disaster he's left the club in.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back